Should we have the groan button back here?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no Poll on here badge.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 16:25 ---------- Previous post was made at 16:25 ----------

Ah, now there is. :)

i personally dont like it for the following reason i feel that by using it to a post you dont like your possibly making that poster feel like they are on a play ground at school and as such riddiculeing him/her of something they have said where as with the thanks button i feel thats a good respectful thing as if someone writes something useful or interesting then a thanks button makes them feel good and theyll come back time after time but a groan button is like someone laughing at another person in a way i feel it could be calling names etc, so i dont really like it.

I consider that we gave a groan button option a reasonable test on the old forum, I don't feel it a big loss by not having one. As Andy says the reputation option, positive or negative is still functional, (the black star in the bottom left hand corner of posts).

Doc H.

I agree - it was a trial and error.

Now, the Thanks button is another story.

:)