Electric towel rail - Not working

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dambo

Reaction score
I've been to see a customer today who's electric bathroom towel rail isn't working. I've checked to see if there is any power going to it and there's 230v across L and N but the towel rail isn't heating up at all. Has anyone come across this before? Or does anyone have any idea what might be causing it / How to rectify it?

Have you continuity tested line to neutral to see if the element is shot mate?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was made at 15:35 ----------

Or ir tested l&n-e ?

Digger/Dambo I really do not think you should be doing electrical work you are a danger to yourself and to your customers electric can kill.

This is getting confusing!!! I (Dambo) qualified as an electrician last year. Digger's one of the lads I live with. He's just started to train as electrician. I've been logged in today trying to find out about an electric towel rail problem and he's been on trying to find out about the neutral bar. He asked me about it before posting and I told him touching the neutral bar wouldn't give him a shock but touching the buzzbar certainly would but I couldn't explain the technical reason behind it so told him to come on here!

got to agree with Batty. almost all of your quetions are very basic. something i would expect from an apprentice who's just starting. not from someone 'qualified'. you obviously have a very low level of knowledge and should not be allowed out on your own. hopefully, if you make a mistake, it will only kill you and not some innocent person. but unfortunatly, it would most likely be the innocent peson who ends up dead.

I told him touching the neutral bar wouldn't give him a shock but touching the buzzbar certainly would but I couldn't explain the technical reason behind it
your qualified, but cant explain why touching a neutral bar wont give you a shock. FFS. go do plumbing. but not gas.

I have often said having a piece of paper make well make you legally able to wire someones house,

being competent enables you to know how not to kill them.