17th and 2391 TO BE SCRAPPED!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the doctor

Part P Doctor ™
Reaction score
Hello All!

Thought that headline would have your attention. I was chatting at college today and apparently the Guilds are withdrawing from the 2382 and 2391!

It is something to do with the new 2357 incorporating regs and I&T. The 2357 is replacing the 2330 from September. A lot of training companies will be chuffed when this bombshell comes out.

What will happen to the 2392
its a waste of space exam anyway by all accounts from anyone I have spoken to that has done it or enquired about it.

so do we all have to pay more money out again to do something that we already have?

Hi Guys,

AFAIK the 2392 et al is to be binned........When is the next question? APRIL is the close for applications!

I personally do not quite believe this news as if it were to be true it would be the best kept secret in electodom.....

so does that mean anyone whos passed there level 3 is now classed as 17th edition certified , that would be great if that is the case seeing as the 2330 is taught to 17th edition standard

as mention by steptoe, the question is will there be another equivalent course to replace it

There are 12 lads doing the 2392 course this week. This is to allow them to qualify under the NICEIC to do periodic testing, so how is this course useless? :C

i have 2391 myself, but what is 2330?

You're right Doc,

Looks like a day-release course over 3 years but C&G says you can then 'progress' onto a level 2 2392 fundamental I&T.

So what were those 3 yrs all for?

Apparently there are now 13 C&G courses under 'electrical installation', not to mention BTEC etc.

I'm off to sharpen my pencil:)

The NICEIC do not recognise the 2392 qual at all.

I have e-mailed them in the past - and have posted their reply back to me in a thread on here somewhere.

The NICEIC do not recognise the 2392 qual at all.I have e-mailed them in the past - and have posted their reply back to me in a thread on here somewhere.
I thought that 2391 was the one that was recognised by NICEIC. A fella who was at college with me while we were doing our 2330 lvl 2 and 3, went on to do the 2392 course and in his words ' what a waste of time and money as we already covered it all doing 2330 lvl3. He is currently on the same 2391 course as myself.

But according to my supervisor, the NICEIC have allowed our unqualified electricians to do the 2392 course which will now allow them to install and do periodics. Does this sound suspect?

We are not at the moment NICEIC registered but are hoping to be after everyone is qualified. Is this not going to happen? :C

So if the NICEIC do recognise 2392, Is the same to be said for 2330 lvl3.

Hi

AFAIK the basic premise is that all short electrical installation courses are to be cancelled. The only route to level 3 status is the full 2357 which is a replacement for 2330, which was a replacement for 2360 which I did many moons ago!

What about electricians in maintenance who do a different qualification does that mean they will not be able to do the 17th or 2391 because they have not done an installation course?

I have posted this elsewhere on the forum but, currently the C&G last registration for all the short courses is end of march but this may be extended. The courses will run until the end of this year but will not attract funding after the end of March (this shouldn't effect most people because they are usually full cost courses). Replacement courses will be launched by the C&G in due course.

Dont worry all! Although the 2382-10 & 20, 2392-10 and the 2391-10 & 20 are due to be changed to match the new QCF framework set out by Summit Skills, the City & Guilds have been granted an extension on the present schemes until Dec 31st 2011. After that the qualifications will change but will remain in place. As I am likely to be involved in the development of the new format, I will keep you all informed.

Dont worry all! Although the 2382-10 & 20, 2392-10 and the 2391-10 & 20 are due to be changed to match the new QCF framework set out by Summit Skills, the City & Guilds have been granted an extension on the present schemes until Dec 31st 2011. After that the qualifications will change but will remain in place. As I am likely to be involved in the development of the new format, I will keep you all informed.
Thank You Mr S.

I'd appreciate that. :)

I have the 2330 Levels 2 & 3, 2382-10, 2392, and was hoping to do the 2391 too, but I don't think it will be this year. :_|

I am sure I have missed a qual out somewhere? Can't think of it though. :(

HiAFAIK the basic premise is that all short electrical installation courses are to be cancelled. The only route to level 3 status is the full 2357 which is a replacement for 2330, which was a replacement for 2360 which I did many moons ago!
surely that can be a bad thing per se .

Latest posts