Suggestions please..

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djedlynam

Reaction score
Hi there, 1st time poster, long time browser :)

Just wondering what work may be out there, if any, for a guy who has passed the C&G2382: 17th edition and C&G2377: pat testing, but yet to finish part P or gain a CSCS card. Though I should finish my course (which is self study and 2 further pratcial weeks in the training centre) in the next 6 to 8 months.

A little about me:

I'm 27, english and I currently live and work in east/central London, and work nights currently for a courier company! the work is mind numbing, and pay is rather appalling. I am now over half way through my electical course with ATL and it has suddenly occured to me, that it might be better to work as an electricain trainee/apprenctice/trainee mate etc. so I can gain experience and possibly complete my qualifications faster.

What would you wise sparks on here recommend I should do? If anyone out there is looking for someone like me to learn their trade, tag a long,help out, work hard in the london area. I would be intrested in what you got to offer. BTW I do drive as well, should I need to.

offers and general advice on what I should do welcome.

thanks.ed

Hi Ed

Welcome, i'm very much in a similar position and to be honest so are a large number of individuals

I've just finished my course down at ATL

Best thing i can suggest is just get out the directory and start ringing around your local sparks to if they have any causal work going, you might get lucky

If you know any sparks then see if they are able to help you out with some work experience

Good luck

Riaz