10th feb 2391 exam

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlickMySwitch

Reaction score
Anyone else on here take it last night? If so good luck for the reults. Here's hoping that this time i've nailed it. :)

Good luck. hope you've passed. I have mine next month. How did you find the questions?

Cheers Meg!

Well this is the 3rd time i've took written exam so here's hoping it's 3rd time lucky! Definatley more confident this time around as it seemed easier to grasp what the questions where actually asking for compared to last June's exam. I remember that one had me goosed on the very first question, when i skipped and moved on.......i shat myself when i was stumpted on the next couple. As it panned out i'd managed to get a copy of the questions from Junes exam and from memory wrote answers that i'd put. I self marked it and got over 80 marks but you need 90 or more above 60%.

Hence the resit last night which was free mind at least.

The first time i did 2391 was not long after i served my time and i was so out of my depth it was untrue. If i haven't nailed it this time i'm gonna get it one day soon!!!

Anyways mate all the best for yours next month, if you need any advice if you haven't had experience of taking 2391 before give us a shout!

hey guys,

yeah thought compared to some of past papers that last nights exam was not too bad-only couple of questions didnt have clue about. think thing with this exam is that just knowing the answer isn't enough- its HOW you write it down and if you don't use the exact language and terms then no marks-which is rubbish. i think personally the 2391 exam is more exam technique than content-technically not that hard, more about writing what the examiner wants- not ideal.

Curious what anyone wrote exactly for the question (in section 2) asking why the 6A breaker would trip when taking a Zs?

(Think was 1.00mm2 L/N and 1.00mm2 c.p.c with circuit lenght 50m)

Hope everyone gets on ok!

shane.

Nice to have it over with isn't it?

You can spend the next few weeks talking about bulbs (sorry admin) and main bonding. You can even megger a circuit or wire a ring main!! ;)

Maybe a few drinks as well.

Curious what anyone wrote exactly for the question (in section 2) asking why the 6A breaker would trip when taking a Zs?

shane.
I would say its got something to do with the test current from the meter being greater than 6A cauing it to trip and the way round it would be to replace the 6A breaker with another of higher rating to handle the test current for the duration of the test.

hey guys,yeah thought compared to some of past papers that last nights exam was not too bad-only couple of questions didnt have clue about. think thing with this exam is that just knowing the answer isn't enough- its HOW you write it down and if you don't use the exact language and terms correct terminolgy then no marks-which is rubbish. i think personally the 2391 exam is more exam technique than content-technically not that hard, more about writing what the examiner wants- not ideal.

Hope everyone gets on ok!

shane.
Im in red because there is NO such thing as a main earthing conductor.

that is one of the terms that really does my head in.!

I think that a page of "Correct terminology" for those wanting to do the 2391 would be a good idea to add to the forum.

Everything covered. What everyone calls one thing and then the proper terminology - as expected in the 2391.

Who volunteers?

that is a very good point admin,can we also have a

" what steptoe calls stuff and what everyone else calls it"

page too.?
That is the same thing, Steps. ; \
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png
:innocent :run

toby boxes

marley boxes

divider box

tap tempteters

wish sticks

hokers

scobbers

isco's

looney screws

robinsons

etc.....

1 point for each correct answer plus a bonus 5points for a full house. :D

I think that a page of "Correct terminology" for those wanting to do the 2391 would be a good idea to add to the forum.Everything covered. What everyone calls one thing and then the proper terminology - as expected in the 2391.

Who volunteers?
Interesting reading that report, looks like some very bad habbits when calling items or procedures are not what the practical exam wants to hear. I may have a look into it for you, time permitting.

Hi

regarging the circuit breaker tripping upon a zs test question, i put that it was because of the breakers tripping time current characteristics and using another up rated breaker for the test would solve this problem. Think this is right but not 100%. I'm more interested in what you put for the expected R1+R2 value for the circuit containing 1.0mm conductors when there was no value in figure 2 for the mohms/metre value for it , think this was a city & guilds mistake .

Darren

yeah but doing it by calculation wouldn't include parallel paths in the installation! parallel paths increase the overall Zs which may affect the max acceptable value!

yeah but doing it by calculation wouldn't include parallel paths in the installation! parallel paths increase the overall Zs which may affect the max acceptable value!
Calculation wouldn't include parallel paths your correct, but they would reduced the Zs!!

took this exam on the 10th of feb and yesterday (26th may) got result sent through. i passed the mother f****r!!!

:YGuinness:YGuinness:YGuinness

Latest posts