A fresh install on my Acer Aspire from the Recovery CD

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Hi All,

Decided to do a fresh / new install of my children's Aspire PC, using the recovery disc cd that I made when I set the pc up for its first use (approx 5-6 years ago).

Put cd in - just came up with a "view files" pop up etc, several files/folders on it - haven't a clue.

So restarted PC - and tried the "F8", "F12" and "DEL" options - but nothing.

All I get is the screen below and I can't get past that.

Any Ideas please? I would get get Sandra or Steps round - but they are refusing to travel all that way for a pack of KP dry roasted nuts (other brands are available).

TEF001.jpg

Press Del to enter set, find the options to set the boot order, set it to boot from cd first. Put recovery cd in, then restart.

Nothing happens when I press "DEL" mate. :(

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 14:18 ---------- Previous post was made at 14:17 ----------

I guess you have a USB keyboard?If you do make sure its plugged into the motherboard socket and not a card socket. If that doesn't work try a ps2 keyboard.
the keyboard hasn't been disconnected from where it was working perfectly, before I did this. :_|

Try it as you restart it, your screenshot shows it should enter setup

you need to hit it at the point you see that screen

I have tried many times. But I will try it again. Thanks.

Firtst step boot as normal an make sure keyboard is working.

Most Acer machines have a hidden recovery partition as well, as you power it on hit ALT+F10 and hold them down

That is strange - The PC Has decided to come on now.

If I put the cd in though, I know it will just show the pop up, which gives various options, IE: View files etc.

How on earth do I actually do a clean / new / fresh install?

Tried the ALT & F10 as it stood and I had three options.

I chose the "Back to the Default".

Many thanks, Guys.

It is still going, so I will let you know how it went - when it completes. :)

Worked perfect. Thanks Philbas and to you too Canoeboy for your input. :)

I know sweet FA about computers and my home pc thats 10 years old has been getting slower and slower. I did all the normal things, de-frag, ccleaner extra virus checks all which helped a bit, then it crashed and would not reboot.

I had almost given up, but on about the 15 try it fired up and i got a 'blue tartan' type screen . This happened another 7 or 8 times on reboot and then on the 9th go it fired up and has been working good since ?