Decimalisation.... Do you remember it? 15 Feb 1971?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, not me, I've always used the decimal way, except when driving!

s'funny, I'll measure a room, or a large area in ' & "

but something small in mm,

Ive even been known to measure stuff and say, 8' 16mm.!
I know what you mean Steps....

But I hate to be the bearer of bad news....

thats Feet & inches...

Decimalistion was Money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:innocent ]:) :slap

How many you had GuinnessGuinnessGuinness

I think you will find Decimalistion was the ability to count in units of ten.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 00:50 ---------- Previous post was made at 00:49 ----------

I was born more than 10 years after decimalisation! Same year the

I think you will find dec is 10 ,

I dont care that the money police brainwashed you into thinkinking (< there is a new word for you too) that it made your pound worth more,

its still only the ability to count in tens,

metrication was the falling in line with all the countries that got whipped during the war,

WTF is that about.?

who actually won.?

I remember the day very well, in fact I remember my fist coin I spent on that day a shiny 2 pence, the corner shop at the end of our street had white British owners, and I bought some still advertised penny sweets. Both the shop owner and myself were confused over how many sweets should be included.

As for Metrification, I still habitually measure in feet and inches and then have to convert.

I remember it well every one got ripped off again as prices shot up overnight that is why one of the reasons why older people did not want the Euro because they knew they would be ripped off again should we have adopted it just like Germany and others found out and now wish they hadn't joined the Euro.

I was 19 in 1971, also think that around this time petrol would have been about 3shillings and 6d to 4shillings (17 1/2 --- 20p new money) per gallon. proper days!!!!!!!!

I recall it well, went down to the local shop to buy some penny sweets, gues what, they where still a penny, just in the new currency, so the price had more than doubled.

Didn't the sixpence stay till about 1976? I do remember spending the old pennies ' Just '