What sports have people taken up?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i climbed out the bathroom window today :slap then when i finished on the roof outside i climbed back inside the window ;)

i climb indoors as its more of a controlled environment.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:31 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:30 ----------

ok hands up who picked billiards :slap

i climbed out the bathroom window today :slap then when i finished on the roof outside i climbed back inside the window ;) i climb indoors as its more of a controlled environment.
should go outdoor sometime (but not until its warmer at least)

and i did once 'climb' my house... kind of.... (replacing gutter. cant get ladders above conservatory, so slings/rope around chimney.... elf n safety at its best....)

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:36 ----------

I go shooting most of the time when I'm not working ...
i bet they always pay on time after that...

Funny that :slap Got a few nice Canadian ones, my avatar being an 18 ft old town Charles river rx.....
i did some kyaking a few years back

stakinne river cannader. telergrafe creek to wrangell alaska, great fun, hungry though

I go shooting most of the time when I'm not working ...
Ah what do you shoot danny? If you would rather reply by PM that's ok!

I do enjoy clay pigeon shooting, but have a couple of rifles and have shot some game.

Well sir Badge of Badgerland...

There just ain't enough options:_|

BUT..

the idea is very good IMHO! :Salute :worship:x..

I had to put other cuz Walking & Cycling don't appear.

I enjoy cycling when I can

in my younger years used to do some regular sponsored Cycle rides..

for British heart foundation & Action Research..

typically 40 to 90 mile half day or full day rides.

Also like getting me walking boots out..

have done a fair few miles along the south west coastal path

and been over the top of Snowdon a couple of times..

I also ticked water sports cuz when on holiday just spend loads of time in the sea..

I can spend hours just swimming and "body surfing" the waves..

I have a pair of fins so you can swim out under some of the bigger waves that the bod's with the body/boogie boards struggle to get past then wait and just swim in riding the top of a wave..

(not into the Pukka surfing)

But we do have two of those molded sit-on kayaks..

So when not swimming just go out on the Kayak in the sea riding over waves or just lazing around paddling on a calm day.

I have been out in the sea Kayaking with Dolphins, (had two swim under a few feet my kayak), Basking sharks, (approx 10ft or 12ft away), big mouths & fins!! and Seals.............

that good ole UK English holiday (who needs to go abroad?) :)

But as with most things as you get older...

the kids get bigger

work get busier

spare time gets less and less

so don't do as much as I would like to!!!

:(

OMG !!! I look at all those sports and fear for my poor old electrician's knees .

Many years ago I could have played on the wing for Aston Villa and posibly picked for England ...................however I awoke one morning when I was about 15 and realised it was all a dream . ;)

I once played darts for the Great Barr Ex-Serviceman's Club. :D

Taken up weight training since last dec 3 times a week. Also do a bit of running. 46 and a less active lifestyle than I have had means its a necessity. Training with someone who really knows his stuff and it is working!

I am a bit of an oddball, I am not super rich, and actually own very little, but my main sporting rites are almost always devoted to the rich elite in our society. My first love is hunting, done it all my life by gun, horse and dog. Second love is sailing, I have sailed since being introduced through the school I attended from the age of 11. I then had the good fortune to spend every winter in Austria where I did partake in the sport of skiing, meeting most of the British ski team at the time, and getting a better time on the Giant Slalom than Graham Bell, who at the time represented GB in the Olympic team. Not very active these days, but was thinking of getting back into hunting and sailing.

I have a passion for skiing and golf. I play golf all summer and get a few rounds in in portugal, and then I go skiing once a year and a few times a year to the indoor slope nearby. I spend the rest of the winter moaning and waiting for summer!

Manator I did do a bit of sailing on a cataraman on a lake last year and absolutley loved it. Will be going back again this year for another fix.

Motorcycle racing, but no money at the mo so its had to take a back seat, and I fear my fitness levels may have faded somewhat. oh, and I was never any good anyway.!

used to do hunting/shooting when I was younger.