old back boiler

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose man

Reaction score
I about to buy a new inserted fire at moment is a normal fire but there is still the old back boiler from years when there were a coal fire any advice on removeing the boiler to allow for the new fire

thanks

moose man

get a plumber to simply blank off the ends, if you are not confident of doing this yourself,

depending on how many your family is go for a new combi, or system boiler.

I know how to blank pipes of just wanted to know how to remove the boiler is it fix in the fire place as its not in use for year need to make room for new fire don need a plumber to do this

without seeing it and as my powers of pyhcosis are somewhat deflated on a saturday evening I cant help you any further.

thats a bit like me asking you how do I take this garage door off, if you cant see it you wont know.

nobody will know how your boiler is fixed without seeing it.

without seeing it and as my powers of pyhcosis are somewhat deflated on a saturday evening I cant help you any further.thats a bit like me asking you how do I take this garage door off, if you cant see it you wont know.

nobody will know how your boiler is fixed without seeing it.
no problem i see if i can get a photo of it when i take the old fire out

thanks moose man

one tip,

there is a good chance it will be heavy 2 man lift/ struggle

I know how to blank pipes of just wanted to know how to remove the boiler is it fix in the fire place as its not in use for year need to make room for new fire don need a plumber to do this
If you leave it in situ then make sure you drill the tank and don't just blank off the ends - otherwise you create a sort of bomb!