NO SARKY MS OR WINDOZE COMMENTS!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well P***ED off just lost my laptop HHD working fine, reboot, disk US!

Lost tons of work, invoices and loads of personal stuff.

Suicidal at the mo, could cost me soooo much money and time it may sink me.

Just sooooooooo gutted!!!

Stuck another disk in so I have a machine to try to recover the data with.

Just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo GUTTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do but there is one data set that is SOOOOOOOOOOO difficult to back up that it gets neglected.

Smart Asre!!!! ;)

I am just connecting the disk to another computer at the moment.

I have a backup that I am looking at that may have everything bar the last Word document I was working on and the "difficult" data set.

I have looked for years for a way to back this data up and it is NOT easy!!!

JUST SO GUTTED!!!!!!!

google allway sync

i use it all the time - plug in USB drive, and all important business files etc auto sync. also means if i need to do anything at home, i can, then sync at office

i also have some external HDD's for backups

download the program above. its a free trial. it can get back just about anything that was on the drive. PM me if it does find the files you need

Sorry to hear that SW, wouldn't an external USB powered Hard Drive have been able to copy large data files in one go?

Doc H.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was made at 19:52 ----------

As Andy just said! LOL, Some External HD's are as cheep as

It's NOT files guys, I have only lost one word document, it is a complex data set that is as I say very difficult to back up.

I have a routine back up system for my normal data, it is just this data set that is SOOOOOOO difficult to back up, most normal backup software will not do it!!!

Long complex story!

Have connected the disk to another laptop via usb interface, not recognised, requires formatting!

It was working completely fine prior to the reboot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a set of files that are difficult to back up, it takes about 15 minutes to physically do the back up to the same disk, and can only be done when the application is closing down then, that file set has to be set to back up elsewhere.

The file set cannot have any historical versions, so you have to overwrite the existing backup every time, unless you rename the file set to create each backup set.

Told you it was a pain!

I have almost all the data backed up onto a RAID, never yet seen a RAID laptop though.

I would normally have it backed up onto 2 RAIDS & another latptop!

Which is almost the situation, I have already recovered all of the data bar one Word Doc & this dataset.

Even to back this up to a RAID from the laptop is the same rigmarole!

Which is the issue!

It's NOT files guys, I have only lost one word document, it is a complex data set that is as I say very difficult to back up.I have a routine back up system for my normal data, it is just this data set that is SOOOOOOO difficult to back up, most normal backup software will not do it!!!

Long complex story!

Have connected the disk to another laptop via usb interface, not recognised, requires formatting!

It was working completely fine prior to the reboot!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh no its not p :eek: r n is it sidewinder :^O

Right,

I NORMALLY have a good backupp regime.

There is one data set that I find difficult to back up.

I have 2 SATA raids & 2 pc's backing up via offline files my business data, one of these is to a redundant RAID formatted in nTFS, so IF push comes to shove then I can connect a disk via USB and recover the data.

The issue is the MS Exchange data, this is not an easy backup!

Trust me!

The disk is not a clunker, it just appears that the file system is corrupt, it is already out of the laptop, I am writing this off the "spare" HDD with just an OS on it.

I have connected the "faulty" disk up via usb to another laptop and this is doing a scan now on the disk.

I have a drive letter on the other laptop via usb, just it requires formatting according to the m/c.

I NEED a reliable data recovery company I think unless I can recover the data myself, it is only about 6 files I need, they are quite large and part of the same data set!

Just sooooooooooo gutted.

The issues I have had over the last 12 months have compromised and complicated my data "situation", I have started to sort things out, but not got there yet, always the way!!!!

Just can't believe it!!!

Does anyone know a reliable HDD recovery co?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:48 ----------

Oh & by the way

You should always know when you are down someone will kick you, do not despair, the data can be recovered, it will cost you but if its worth the cost then it is as it is. I have been in the same situation, I am a fool most of the time, thinking I am immune to hard drive failures, I lost loads of data, and important invoices and payment records, even though I have been bitten once, I STILL have not backed up all my data on my laptop, which includes clients details, remote alarm programs and invoices. I am going to purchase a hard drive in the morning and follow the advise from canoeboy and back up my lappy asap.

I do hope you get things sorted Sidewinder, I hate it when members are having a rough time of things.

Can we say oh poo? If so poo. I really did think that even corupt data could be recovered, I obviously watch too much CSI.