Another apprenticeship wanted!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonicyouth

Reaction score
Firstly hello everyone, ive been browsing the forums for a few months now out of interest.

Like many others I have been desperately trying to get an electrician/engineering apprenticeship with no luck. I am almost 26 and most of my work has been in pub management. I started an engineering degree when I was 18 but after two years couldnt handle the degree maths and I dropped out. All ive ever wanted to do was electrician work and im looking into either going back to college to complete 17th edition or C&G, or night school or ideally an apprenticeship.

Can you guys offer me some advice for my situation and what may be the best course of action? Or any suitable colleges in the Manchester area that would aid my career pathway to hopefully becoming a sparky.

Despite my lack of actualy sparky work, I have been working with domestic installations since an early age, CCTV, burglar alarms, security lights, MCBs and some appliance repair. I know I have an incredible passion and interest for this field, and that I am committed to going down this road.

Cheers guys

Thanks ive been checking them out, im slightly unsure about which is the right course. Would Engineering (Electronics) BTEC Diploma L2 be the right course? Or just 17th edition qualification?

To become an electrician?

C&G 2330 Levels 2 and 3 (Soon to become 2357 I believe)