Intermittent fault on a Creda Cordialle S130E oven doesn't get hot

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ali

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My oven has had an intermittent fault since I moved into my house 5 years ago. (I have no idea when the oven was originally bought.)

Sometimes, maybe about every 5/6 months, when the main oven is on, the oven stops heating. The light stays on, the fan still goes round but it doesn't get hot. When I notice it, after I have finished swearing, all I have to do is move the temperature selection knob and it starts heating again.

Because the fan and the element seem to be OK, I'm not really sure where to start looking. Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Ooh, it's a Creda Cordialle S130E in case any one cares.

Sticky thermostat in the knob?

Door switch, unless that is the fan normally goes of when you open the door.

Funnily enough we have a similar problem here on times with our Hotpoint, same company as Creda IIRC?

We just keep an eye now and it has not happened for a while.

If never stays for long enough to find the fault.

Perhaps, start with the control knob?

Thanks guys.

I'll have a play with the knob and see what happens. (Lets hope no one reads that sentence out of context) :|

Thanks guys.I'll have a play with the knob and see what happens. (Lets hope no one reads that sentence out of context) :|
Yes, lubricate the knob as Steps suggest, make sure it's not all sticky.

[Deke has just fainted BTW :D ]

Thanks guys.I'll have a play with the knob and see what happens. (Lets hope no one reads that sentence out of context) :|
Your comments in brackets are about a likely as Steptoe saying he's planning an upgrade from TT to TNCS. Hope you find the solution to your cooker problem Ali.

Doc H.