When did you last rewire a 3036 fuse???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I was on a job last Friday were I had to replace the fuse wire in a 5A 3036 fuse.

I was trying to think when I last replaced any fuse wire before that????

I couldn't remember!?

When was the last time you rewired a 3036 fuse?

:C

3 weeks ago - call out because CU had begun to smell.

ALL the 3036s had copper wire in `em! Rewired on site, resolved underlying issue, then went back 3 days later to fit CU and main bonds ;)

Before that - prob. about 6 months.

( you DO come up with the oddest polls :) )

There is nothing odd about my Pole'sThat Pole told me that he is a very hard worker and is just trying to earn money to send back for his familiy back home!
ROTFWL

cooker junction box got wet blew the fuse 2 weeks ago

replaced fusewire

reterminated joint

Last nightmare customer who wouldnt listen to any advice I gave him. He changed a light fitting one evening, blew a fuse and called me in a panic!

A few months ago , had a right game looking for the right sized nail !! Still it won't blow anymore !! ; \
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

About 2 months ago, where a 5A 3036 had blown. I did'nt have any fusewire on the van but thankfully I had a push button 5A MCB along with a base so I swopped the fuse for that. When I got the circuit back on the 'fault' was merely a blown light bulb. Whenever I do any fault finding on a circuit with 3036 fuses I always stick a compatible MCB in the board in place of the fuse- it saves the hassle of repeatedly changing fusewire.

Never done it myself, however I do have 3 reels of different sized fusewire in my kit, but the labels have long since fallen off. How do I tell what amp rating the wire is? Can I measure it with a vernier and compare to some known sizes?

I guess what Im asking is does the stuff have a consistent thickness depending on who manufactured it?

Never done it myself, however I do have 3 reels of different sized fusewire in my kit, but the labels have long since fallen off. How do I tell what amp rating the wire is? Can I measure it with a vernier and compare to some known sizes?I guess what Im asking is does the stuff have a consistent thickness depending on who manufactured it?
its a consistant thickness for any given size.

if its on a card, its almost guarantee to be 5, 15 & 30A. no prizes for guessing which is the 5 or the 30A