SPECIAL LOCATION

When did you last rewire a 3036 fuse???

When did you last rewire a 3036 fuse?  

1. 1. When did you last rewire a 3036 fuse?

• During the past week
    • During the past month
    • During the past year
    • Cant remember, greater than 1 year ago
    • Never!
    • Patches option lambs are baby sheep and are no good at fixing SWA!.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Well I was on a job last Friday were I had to replace the fuse wire in a 5A 3036 fuse.

I was trying to think when I last replaced any fuse wire before that????

I couldn't remember!?

When was the last time you rewired a 3036 fuse?

:C

kme

3 weeks ago - call out because CU had begun to smell.

ALL the 3036s had copper wire in `em! Rewired on site, resolved underlying issue, then went back 3 days later to fit CU and main bonds ;)

Before that - prob. about 6 months.

( you DO come up with the oddest polls :) )

SPECIAL LOCATION
you DO come up with the oddest polls :)

There is nothing odd about my Pole's

That Pole told me that he is a very hard worker and is just trying to earn money to send back for his familiy back home!

sparky b
There is nothing odd about my Pole's

That Pole told me that he is a very hard worker and is just trying to earn money to send back for his familiy back home!

ROTFWL

Theorysparky

cooker junction box got wet blew the fuse 2 weeks ago

replaced fusewire

reterminated joint

Andy™

every few weeks. every time i replace a 3036 board i keep the fuse holders. just swap the holder instead of messing on with fuse wire

sellers

same, I just use existing fuses I've collected

NozSpark

I did a few about 3 weeks ago,,, that job with he burn't out wire;)

revjames

last year in a local High School. Surprisingly still had the original 60's distribution in one of the blocks.

Robin Spark

Last nightmare customer who wouldnt listen to any advice I gave him. He changed a light fitting one evening, blew a fuse and called me in a panic!

binky

Rewire none for ages then 2 this week

Evans Electric

A few months ago , had a right game looking for the right sized nail !! Still it won't blow anymore !! ;\:tongue in cheek

NozSpark

I had to buy a whole blinking reel of 5A fuse wire a few years ago,, must have only used 1 meter of it;)

I think I'll have to stick it on e-bay in 1 meter lengths.... you recon it'll sell?;)?;)

Evans Electric

I know the feeling , I have a reel of 60 and 100 A wire , doubt if I'll use it up now . Just have some of those fuse wire cards in my box now .

Revved Up Sparky

About 2 months ago, where a 5A 3036 had blown. I did'nt have any fusewire on the van but thankfully I had a push button 5A MCB along with a base so I swopped the fuse for that. When I got the circuit back on the 'fault' was merely a blown light bulb. Whenever I do any fault finding on a circuit with 3036 fuses I always stick a compatible MCB in the board in place of the fuse- it saves the hassle of repeatedly changing fusewire.

sprocketflup

Never done it myself, however I do have 3 reels of different sized fusewire in my kit, but the labels have long since fallen off. How do I tell what amp rating the wire is? Can I measure it with a vernier and compare to some known sizes?

I guess what Im asking is does the stuff have a consistent thickness depending on who manufactured it?

rugbymacc

I did one last Saturday :-)

Andy™
Never done it myself, however I do have 3 reels of different sized fusewire in my kit, but the labels have long since fallen off. How do I tell what amp rating the wire is? Can I measure it with a vernier and compare to some known sizes?

I guess what Im asking is does the stuff have a consistent thickness depending on who manufactured it?

its a consistant thickness for any given size.

if its on a card, its almost guarantee to be 5, 15 & 30A. no prizes for guessing which is the 5 or the 30A

Badger

the last one i did was one i blew cutting a live cable by accident (5amp) soon after lights rewiring was completed the fuseboard got changed anyway :)

steptoe

sprocket, it should be pretty obvious if its the normal 5 15 30 stuff.

Sidewinder

Sproc,

Check Table 53.1 in the brb, found this when I was checking through the other day for the TT DP RCBO thing.

You should be able to get close enough with a vernier if you wanted to measure them.

m4tty

When I take a rewirable board out I chuck the carriers Inc fuse wire in the mcb box in the van so if one was ever needed I'd just swap them over. Never changed one in my electrical life tho done one when I was about 18 though.

mark1878

couple of weeks ago, I was changing a light and 5A fuse holder had 30A fuse wire in it (actually 2 pieces of 30A that werent long enougth so were twisted together).

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:19 ----------

I think the regs has a table with fuse wire and its diameter in AWG.

pickleye
I was changing a light and 5A fuse holder had 30A fuse wire in it (actually 2 pieces of 30A that werent long enougth so were twisted together).

Never seen that yet, but have seen it two or three times too long and double/trippled up headbang

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 12:03 ---------- Previous post was made at 12:02 ----------

oops just relised i'm a year late for this one oops :Applaud

Manator

Just checked and the poll is apparently still live, so you could in theory still vote and reply to this thread.