LG Optimus One Bluetooth headset

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revjames

'funny' man™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had the phone since Jan. No issues with phone or contract in fact very pleased. I had a Nokia before and used a Bluetooth headset - a Nokia one which was ideal. Jump in the car and put headset on and press button and its paired and connecteed ready to go.

Tried same headset on th LG. It paired but wouldnt connect. Paired and connected to my laptop fine (the phone not headset)

Bought an LG headset -

WHen you say you are unable to get it to connect...

can you take incomming calls through it?

do you mean that you are unable to make a call by pressing a button on the headset?

If both the above are true,, then be aware that Android hasn't yet had bluetooth calling functionality added

WHen you say you are unable to get it to connect...can you take incomming calls through it?

do you mean that you are unable to make a call by pressing a button on the headset?

If both the above are true,, then be aware that Android hasn't yet had bluetooth calling functionality added
It was paired but refused to connect. In fact a call came in and it wanst on the headset and I tried to answer with the headset button. If it wont work with bluetooth headsets or car kits then as far as I am concerned its useless and not fit for purpose!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:21 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:18 ----------

Quite keen on the parrot idea. Would probably go for one that you connect to stereo.

Have you checked the connection settings on your phone? Although mine is paired with different devices it won't connect unless the phone is 'visible'

It says 'discoverable' and after 2 minutes that goes off. ie you can only be discoverable for 2 mins..... oh for my old Nokia.... no messing about you got in the car and put the earpiece on and it was done.

Before my Bluetooth headset broke it worked fine with both my old Nokia e71 and my HTC desire running eclair, froyo and rooted gingerbread.

You only have yo make it discoverable for when new devices want to connect to it, once paired it should connect without a problem. TBH I have a feeling that this is something to do with the phone and not android.

dunno, but my X10 just works with a supertooth one visor kit.!

incoming,outgoing and voice dialling too.

always just connects when I get in the van, :)

oh, and it will play the music from the phone too, not that i need it to, my van has a wireless in it :D

err got the parrot CK3100 kit today and the ford lead. Pulled the stereo and connected everything all the boxes and connectors and stuff is supposed to go in the hole behind the stereo but I doubt I'll get the stereo back in!

Well thanks for all the helpful replies (sarcastic mode ON) ....

Latest on this. It is paired to the parrot. I set the phone to automatically connect... next time I get in the car it connects and syncs.... the next time - its forgotten again. Been on the phone to T Mobile who say its not their problem, phoned LG and spoke to a tech who thinks there could be a problem with the handset and has booked it in for a repair. However, just noticed if I get in the car and its not connected and I press 'Make Discoverable' - which makes it discoverable for 120 sec then it connects and syncs.

So the issue is that you cant leave it 'discoverable' for more than 120 seconds which for the purposes of using with a hands free makes it IMO not fit for purpose. Or is there some way of making it stay discoverable?

YOUR PHONE SHOULD DISCOVER THE PARROT SHOULD IT NOT?

not the parrot discovering the phone.........

and, have you set the phone to always pair and connect with the parrot when its in range?