DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Sign in to follow this  
monkey5

Central Heating Wiring help again!

batty
i mentioned about valves and he said it wouldnt work necause of the pumps on the returns??

Can't see that myself have worked on many systems and pumps have been all over the place what about system boilers the pumps in the boiler.

m4tty

What was the boOk called mate please?

monkey5
What was the boOk called mate please?

Domestic Central Heating Wiring Systems and Controls isbn number: 0750664363

wayne

Sidewinder

Monkey,

You are looking for a douple pole double throw relay are you?

With a 230V a.c. coil?

I could not quite see from the book scan sorry.

monkey5

evening again guys.

ive been back today to wire as per diagram in post 21 post-1909-134963566707_thumb.jpg. ill try to remember how i did it and post in a min as left diagram at house.

cheers wayne

post-1909-134963566711_thumb.jpg

monkey5

pin 2 - terminal 3, pin 7- terminal N, pin8-terminal 7, pin 1-terminal 4, pin 6- terminal 6

Sidewinder

Monkey5,

What are you trying to achive mate, I am struggling with your book scan.

The terminals on your octal 2 & 7 are the coil so one of them to power the relay one to the neutral, it does not really matter which way around you do these.

What do you WANT the relay to do?

Switch between pumps?

monkey5

thin they should over run the pumps after the HW/HTG is turned off to get rid of the heat in the boiler.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:23 ----------

which bit of the diagram cant you see mate, i took a photo of it on phone then put on computer hence its not the best.

Sidewinder

OK, what controls the over run time?

monkey5

the relay? im just following the diagram - well trying and still didnt work.

NozSpark

If I get it, the pumps are fed from the boiler via the relay,, so the boiler controls the over run

steptoe

monkey,

it wont work like that, I dont think you have an over-run system in the boiler,

ATM from what I can make out once the clock/prog is no longer calling for heat the relay will stop supplying the pump,

NO overrun is controlled via the relay, the only way I see round this is pipe stats that will run the pumps on until the pipe goes cold.

get the plumber to pipe it up properly and fit some valves, it is far easier,

it is do-able, as I told you, but Im not convinced it can be achieved without pipe stats, you will have no other way of keeping the pumps live.

NozSpark

I'm sure that I got it to work with 2 x relays for each side (one NC and the other NO).. If I can find it I'll tidy it up and post it... there were no room or pipe stats though

Sidewinder

Monkey,

The other guys are more familiar with the standard wiring methods I always do heating from 1st principles and design my own circuits!

I know nothing of these S & Y plan things never heard of them till I came on here.

If you can explain the wet side to me and the electrical requirements in basic english and make a list of how it is to function I can design a circuit for both sides that will work.

However, I can't see enough of your book, nor do I know enough from the explanations given so far to comment really unless we start again, as I say from the required function, and forget the rest!

Also its late and I'm tired and I've been at KME's fridge again, payback for the scaff tower ;)

steptoe

NOZ, did your boiler have an over-run facility though?

from the link Monkey has posted about his boiler I cant see an over-run in the boiler.

NozSpark

I can just make out that monkey's boiler has a PL & a SL...

I was guessing that SL is the trigger and PL is the supply to the pump (inc over run)

steptoe

monkey, can you give us the exact model of the boiler,

then we can check to find out if it has an over-run or not, this is the big hurdle, the wiring diag you are showing is dependant on the boiler controlling the over-run,

Im with SW on this, find out what is required then design to suit.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:54 ----------

I can just make out that monkey's boiler has a PL & a SL...

I was guessing that SL is the trigger and PL is the supply to the pump (inc over run)

NOZ , I think that is the problem, thats NOT AFAIAA his boiler, its a generic diag he has, and it requires the boiler to have a pump control in the boiler.

Sidewinder

Not again Steps, people will talk about us!

steptoe

you can be the Ollie to my Stan. :D

somehow I dont think they will start confusing us just yet Sidey, ;)

Sidewinder

Who is on about confusing? :x]:)

NozSpark

TBQH Steps,

I thought that he had a boiler that controlled the pump overrun,, I though that he had a boiler similar to the diagram

trying to wire a different type boiler to that diagram would be daft.

My own boiler that I had running through 2 x relays had a 2 channel programmer, 2 x pumps and a room stat.... no pipe or frost stat...

I just used the relays so that the boiler would only fire up with a demand

Sidewinder

Noz,

This is why I asked for clarification and a full description of the requirements & specs!

monkey5

the boiler has only a L N and SL. i tried saying this to plumber but he was adament that the diagram was the right one and would work. like i said i dont know enough about central heating so didnt want to argue with him.

[ATTACH]1691[/ATTACH] this is off the boiler. its a firebird C35 (combipac i think).

the setup is a room stat, a cylinder stat, programmer. then theres a pump on the retur of HW and one on HTG return to. hes done this to get rid of the heat out of the boiler ang to pump it round the system as its a big house and has 4 bathrooms. the boiler has a flow and return come out of each side of it but think they are linked inside boiler.

i appreciate all the help you have been giving me and makes me feel a bit better as this really doing my head in. i dont like to let people down and like to learn but sometimes i know i should say no, but dont want to jepodise any future work from him.

cheers wayne

post-1909-134963566719_thumb.jpg

monkey5
TBQH Steps,

I thought that he had a boiler that controlled the pump overrun,, I though that he had a boiler similar to the diagram

trying to wire a different type boiler to that diagram would be daft.

i know that now:Blushing