4th year wages

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky

retired and loving it!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lad is due a pay rise. I've seen JIB rates, which are a little optimistic for Plymouth, so I'm interested to know what people are paying / being paid away from the South east and London

I agreed a rate of pay that my apprentice is happy with and told him that I would pay that all the time, even when I am quiet

last week he was off for 1.5 days but still got paid

He is quite tight for money (

So how much will he be getting (if you don't mind me asking what everybody is thinking)

well then Binky,

you can only pay him what you can afford.

and that is the bottom line, if you can only afford 7quid, then thats it, if you can afford 7.50 , then its up to you.

It should only be a month or two until he's on full wack, so the next question is how much are qualified sparks worth????

I will also point out he earned more than I did last year (albeit I invested heavily into PV) - most people would have laid him off. So if it seems I'm being a bit tight, it's because I've had to be :( Anyway enough sob stories from me it's friday night GuinnessGuinnessGuinnessGuinness