Replacing a siemens DVA3 demountable Actuator

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S60TEM

Reaction score
Hope someone can help.

This morning we were awakened by a clunking noise coming from our airing cupboard, when I opened the door I found it was coming from the actuator.

Its a SIEMENS DVA3. is there a way it can be fixed or is it just a replacement job?

If its a replacement, whats involved and could I do it or must I get a plumber? Bearing in mind I work with electricity not water LOL.

cheers.

It appears to be a valve that you can replace just the actuator. Siemens DVA3 - H&V Controls, I have no idea of where is the best place, cost wise, to get one from though

Doc H.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:29 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:26 ----------

The actual work involved replacing the part is just normally some sort of lever or clip holding it onto the valve body then just reconnect wire for wire. I am sure you could do it S60TEM, after all, plumbers manage to cope!

Doc H.

Screwfix universal replacemet motorised valve motor actuator thing, perchance?
Do you have a part number or link for this item Kerching? may help the OP.

Doc H.

Screwfix 28670 synchronous motor
Thanks for that mate! Much appreciated as it's exactly the same as whats used in the siemens actuator and the cheapest I could find that on the next was about

I think they are the ones that just unclip to change over. I have an earlier siemens one on my system but these you cannot change the head so the sytem needs draining down to change it or I could replace the motor as steps has said.

well i've changed the motor and its still doing the same........damn it!

Looks like i'll have to replace the whole unit! Will I have to drain it all down to do it ?

you will need to drain the system to change the valve.

not really a major job, just make sure you have some spare bits of pipe etc incase you need to alter anything

well, think i'll get my plumber to come do it for me......don't like messing with water as much as he doesn't like messing with electrickery.