DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
S60TEM

Replacing a siemens DVA3 demountable Actuator

S60TEM

Hope someone can help.

This morning we were awakened by a clunking noise coming from our airing cupboard, when I opened the door I found it was coming from the actuator.

Its a SIEMENS DVA3. is there a way it can be fixed or is it just a replacement job?

If its a replacement, whats involved and could I do it or must I get a plumber? Bearing in mind I work with electricity not water LOL.

cheers.

steptoe

What is it? Is it a motorised valve? You can change the motor part only, its dead easy.

Doc Hudson

It appears to be a valve that you can replace just the actuator. Siemens DVA3 - H&V Controls, I have no idea of where is the best place, cost wise, to get one from though

Doc H.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:29 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:26 ----------

The actual work involved replacing the part is just normally some sort of lever or clip holding it onto the valve body then just reconnect wire for wire. I am sure you could do it S60TEM, after all, plumbers manage to cope!

Doc H.

steptoe

Most plumbers merchants should be able to get one i would have thought, or Google! Very easy job.

kerching

Screwfix universal replacemet motorised valve motor actuator thing, perchance?

Doc Hudson
Screwfix universal replacemet motorised valve motor actuator thing, perchance?

Do you have a part number or link for this item Kerching? may help the OP.

Doc H.

Andy™

heating components

there at gateshead near gateshead stadium. used them a few times for various boiler parts

kerching

Screwfix 28670 synchronous motor

S60TEM
Screwfix 28670 synchronous motor

Thanks for that mate! Much appreciated as it's exactly the same as whats used in the siemens actuator and the cheapest I could find that on the next was about

batty

I think they are the ones that just unclip to change over. I have an earlier siemens one on my system but these you cannot change the head so the sytem needs draining down to change it or I could replace the motor as steps has said.

S60TEM

well i've changed the motor and its still doing the same........damn it!

Looks like i'll have to replace the whole unit! Will I have to drain it all down to do it ?

Andy™

you will need to drain the system to change the valve.

not really a major job, just make sure you have some spare bits of pipe etc incase you need to alter anything

S60TEM

well, think i'll get my plumber to come do it for me......don't like messing with water as much as he doesn't like messing with electrickery.