Possible change of government policy, re apprenticeships

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baldelectrician

Reaction score
Believe it or not I was in the audience for Scottish Leaders Debate (ITV3 / STV) before the election for the Scottish Parliament

I asked Alex Salmond "Would it be a good idea to make it a condition of any company recieving a Scottish Government contract that the contractor has in place an apprenticeship scheme with a ratio of apprentices to tradespersons?"

The first minister agreed, and added it could be extended to cover any firm getting grants from the Scottish Government. He said something like this clause would have to be made to have 25,000 apprenticeships per year in Scotland for the next 5 years (manifesto commitment by Labour and SNP)

I will keep an eye on it and feed back

There may be a hint of progress

but, what happens if you get independence?

then England will lose all the oil money and may even have to back pay some to you, so us down here will be even deeper in the doggy doo than we are.

I wont even be able to afford enough petrol for my lighter, never mind burn my house down to claim the insurance...

Latest posts