PV sol pro

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky

retired and loving it!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at buying either this or express version to hurry quotes up. Would like expert, but too much money. So has anyone used either version and what do you think of it??? (oh and is there a cheaper better alternative :^O )

for calcing solar stuff,?

wine :Blushing

sometimes,

but there are a few out there for Linux,

I;ll try find a few for you,

I usually use manufacturers data to be honest,

SMA do an OK one, try googling SMA

Can't say I have, but I've speny money and not going to change now. Did down load a few different things for trial purposes and settled on PV-sol as easiest to use, or at least get started on. Doesn't mean it's the best, just what I opted for.

Am I missing something? Obviously I don't have your experience (but I do have my first sales pitch tomorrow yeah!). What does PV-sol do? I thought it was all down to the SAP calculation kWhr/yr = 0.8 x kWp x S x Zpv.

Re first sales pitch, have you any tips? I see that even bloody Tesco are doing PV now!

I have used Polysun PV for years, best product on the market...definately the most accurate, doesn't cost a fortune either

looks like it.

Im gonna get my phone in a mo and have a look at the FREE app I have that will show sun up/down times for where you are standing, and the angles where it hits for any given date,

not quite as good as the iphone paid app, and maybe there is an android paid one does more too,

give us a minute.

I hate it when you get spam its like when you get people knocking on your door. We have a sign on our door saying we do not buy and sell at the door but you still get people knocking. Had Anglian on Saturday and they always knock when you are busy.