fluke 1652b

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long was it away for slip? Was the service good, or did you not really care as long as it came back fixed?

Being a cheapskate and being on good terms with my local CEF (where the meter was purchased) I dropped the meter off at my local branch. It took about 5 days for their branch transport to get the meter to the Fluke Depot in Ipswich. They had it about 5 days & in that time it went to Holland. It then took UPS 3 days to get it back to me. I was in no rush as we have a few test kits and it cost me nothing. If it was your only test equipment then it could be done quicker at a high expense.

Whilst it was broke i was using a Kewtech Multi-tester and i am very impressed ( I hadn't even bothered looking at it before) Just as good as the Fluke with a couple of difference's. Bad, the Z testing & Pfc/Psc are different settings/tests, Good, when auto testing Rcd's all the results are shown on the screen, no scrolling back is needed. The Kewtech comes in a Nylon/canvas padded bag with a shoulder strap & with loads of space. The probes & shrouds are much better & easier to use. I might keep on using it and leave the Fluke as a spare.

Slips do the kewtech results seem accurate on low current tests been thinking of getting a kewtech to replace my fluke at some point.