Sign in to follow this  
steptoe

fluke 1652b

steptoe

was in WF and noticed a leaflet with Fluke 1652B for

SLIPSHOD & SLAPDASH

Mines back with Fluke at the moment after i blew it up :Blushing

steptoe

thats what happens when you listen to Deke telling you to centre tap the 110v Tx backwards to power your new PC with!!!!!!

SLIPSHOD & SLAPDASH

I have done that in the past for a soldering iron though

SLIPSHOD & SLAPDASH

Got mine back from Fluke today. It was sent by UPS from Holland ! They fitted a new circuit board and calibrated it. I thought i might of got a set of new leads thrown in like others have, but didnt.

steptoe

at least its back with daddy. :D

Manator

How long was it away for slip? Was the service good, or did you not really care as long as it came back fixed?

SLIPSHOD & SLAPDASH

Being a cheapskate and being on good terms with my local CEF (where the meter was purchased) I dropped the meter off at my local branch. It took about 5 days for their branch transport to get the meter to the Fluke Depot in Ipswich. They had it about 5 days & in that time it went to Holland. It then took UPS 3 days to get it back to me. I was in no rush as we have a few test kits and it cost me nothing. If it was your only test equipment then it could be done quicker at a high expense.

Whilst it was broke i was using a Kewtech Multi-tester and i am very impressed ( I hadn't even bothered looking at it before) Just as good as the Fluke with a couple of difference's. Bad, the Z testing & Pfc/Psc are different settings/tests, Good, when auto testing Rcd's all the results are shown on the screen, no scrolling back is needed. The Kewtech comes in a Nylon/canvas padded bag with a shoulder strap & with loads of space. The probes & shrouds are much better & easier to use. I might keep on using it and leave the Fluke as a spare.

batty

Slips do the kewtech results seem accurate on low current tests been thinking of getting a kewtech to replace my fluke at some point.