Suppliers of Solar PV panels and equipment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SparkyMarky

Reaction score
I've just leapt onto the solar pv band wagon, I have my Logic qualification (for what that's worth) and am pitching for my first install to gain MCS accreditation.

I've googled solar pv panels and arrays with surprisingly little response so the question is, where do you established installers get your kit from?

Thanks,

Mark

Im pretty sure he does SW,

his 'partners' certainly do solar PV anyway, I was in his 'partner' outlet near me today and was talking to one of the reps about them,

seems they are trying to push it more now.

To hijack the thread slightly, Im about to do what I think is the logic course. Is it any good, and acknowledged?

There's no shortage of suppliers. Once you get MCS accredited you will be bombarded. Segen is a good site, Nu-vision energy in Exeter are my preferred supplier at the mo - contact Ray Harris 07815303845. Panels are good quality Chinese stuff developed with Swiss R&D facility. Many will only supply to registered installers - keeps jo public out!! Not found a regular electrical wholesaler to be any use yet!! They seem to be out of touch with prices.

depends what you are looking for Binky,

are those chinese things any good?

Im not even impressed with the sharp ones we use for when customer doesnt want a 'good' system,

whats their efficiencies like?

15.3% - one of the better units. Take it you're a Sanyo fan Steps? Having worked in manufacturing for many years I like to think I have a good feel for quality of build, and Phono solar seem as pretty reasonably well made. They have also faired well under the Califonian PTC scheme - 4th best. I fitted these to my mates roof and they are perfoming well, they are also now +ve tolerance only. I am also in the process a fitting these today, so shall be interesting to see how they perform a second time.

15.3% - one of the better units. Take it you're a Sanyo fan Steps? Having worked in manufacturing for many years I like to think I have a good feel for quality of build, and Phono solar seem as pretty reasonably well made. They have also faired well under the Califonian PTC scheme - 4th best. I fitted these to my mates roof and they are perfoming well, they are also now +ve tolerance only. I am also in the process a fitting these today, so shall be interesting to see how they perform a second time.
I fit what I'm paid to fit Binky, :)

we were fed up 'buying' work so to speak,

so have decided to try the top end (as it were), sanyo and sunny boy,

1st 2 jobs quoted won and no major issues or waiting for decisions, 1 guy rang the same day to accept,

its just getting them is a wait, so we are ordering some kits in front now.

we are looking at prob doing some cheaper options, but would still have to be decent stuff though, at the right price,

I'll have a skelly at them.

Ahh the dreaded Sanyos - lost 2 jobs to these :-( Have taken to quoting Sanyos as the expensive option, cos they are!!, But are they that much better made than other gear you have fitted??? More importantly, can you really see a difference in system performance on cloudy days? Doubt you are really on-site long enough to find out, but thought I would ask.

The boss has been doing follow ups and reckons the sanyos are anything between 10 and 30% better,

Not scientific as not on the same roofs, but roughly installed at the same time, same area, and same bearing.

We have made the decision not to sell panels or Inverters, however our big brother Edmundson are definately into it in a big way now.

We stock the generation meters, connectors, associated products and tooling as well as (of course) testers galore.

All on the web site Solar Panel Testing - ISSWWW

We have made the decision not to sell panels or Inverters, however our big brother Edmundson are definately into it in a big way now.We stock the generation meters, connectors, associated products and tooling as well as (of course) testers galore.

All on the web site Solar Panel Testing - ISSWWW
If they are buying from My Planet, which most of the wholesalers seem to have linked to, then they don't stand a chance on price.

Just to prove a point. Denmans have tied up with CJ solar (having ditched My planet). Asked for price for standard kit, and they were more expensive by the VAT. Only reason I would consider this is for cash flow reasons.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 09:43 ---------- Previous post was made at 09:42 ----------

mmmm what??? doughnuts:)

wf wades/senate/rexel

They have given me competitive quotes before! 8.5k +VAT for a 3.99Kw system whole kit with sunny boy 3800 inverter, ZNShine Panels, 95% for 12 years 90% for 25 guaranteed.

I'm still very new to it all, how does that compare?