Honeywell stat to boiler

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonicyouth

Reaction score
Alright guys, im still in training and learning and have never wired heating before, just bought a honeywell T6360B stat to connect to my glowworm compact 80e boiler. Im not sure ive got the wiring right in my head but before i connect it all up i want to make sure its right.

ive attached the diagrams... so would it be mains live in to T1 on the stat and T3 on the stat into R2 on the boiler? confused about the neutral, are the terminals bridged/linked?

Thanks

boiler diagram.jpg

stat diagram.jpg

is the boiler a 230v switch or ELV switch?

the stat will be the usual 1 3 2 honeywell scenario I suspect,

permanent line to 1

switch line to 3

and neutral to 2

the boiler will be very dependent on model/make etc,

some will accept an outside 230v input, some require their own 230v output/input and others will be ELV out/in via the stat.

more info deffo required please.

Alright guys, im still in training and learning and have never wired heating before, just bought a honeywell T6360B stat to connect to my glowworm compact 80e boiler. Im not sure ive got the wiring right in my head but before i connect it all up i want to make sure its right.ive attached the diagrams... so would it be mains live in to T1 on the stat and T3 on the stat into R2 on the boiler? confused about the neutral, are the terminals bridged/linked?

Thanks
The neutral is for the lamp on the thermostat and the anticipator, which is simply a small heating element to stop rapid fluctuations of the thermostat off and on due to short term changes in room temperature, like drafts when a door is opened. The actual live switch is between T1 & T3 as you say. We do have some other threads on these thermostats somewhere I think? If I haven't already said it, Welcome to the forum. Nice question and good that you added the images. I do think pictures always assist a question.

Doc H.

Albert - I think the O/Ps second piccie answers the question mate - "mains potential room stat" or some such, iirc?
is that a generic pic though or the actual boiler instructions I wonder,,,,

quite a lot of combi's are fine with an outside 230v , but some system boilers I have come across are ELV, so I dont want to make a bridging statement.

Albert - I think the O/Ps second piccie answers the question mate - "mains potential room stat" or some such, iirc?
This is why I like pictures when understanding a problem.

Doc H.

is that a generic pic though or the actual boiler instructions I wonder,,,,quite a lot of combi's are fine with an outside 230v , but some system boilers I have come across are ELV, so I dont want to make a bridging statement.
Thats a fair point mate - I assumed (I know - so shoot me) that it was for the actual boiler, rather than a bit `o generic rubbish. Very good point:worship;)

you are welcome, easy error, Ive had loads of calls to boilers for the same thing, I suppose its one of them things springs when you get the same callout to the same make continually for 2 months after the firm has changed the boiler and have numpties fitting the clocks.....

Not too sure what honeywell stat this is but the most common ones can be used as a 2 wire stat, i.e can be wired without a neutral.