Oval Conduit

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cm304eex

Reaction score
Hi all

I am thinking of using oval conduit and am wondering what you all think of it? and what you use to fix it to the wall. all feedback will be much appreciated.

As Noz says. Clouts either side. The clips stand off a little so Chase base to be deeper. Not worth the hastle if you ask me. if the walls are hard and nails are just bending then drill and red plug and hit nail into plug.

Sent from my Desire Z

When running cables upto sockets from floor level do you guys always protect the cable with something even if your filling the chase yourself ie, no plasterer to stick his trail through the cable?

When running cables upto sockets from floor level do you guys always protect the cable with something even if your filling the chase yourself ie, no plasterer to stick his trail through the cable?
I stick with metal sheathing , (call me old fashioned) even below the sockets .

Oval for me, fitted some twenty years ago to a house I own - doing refurb for rental so thought I would update electrics - replacing old cables a doddle - slide in with no prob, no lube!!! - rewire first fix = six hours including a new 'grid' in kitchen but still to installl new 17th CU. I earned

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi TEF,

I realise this thread is well old (as my youngest refers to me) but it's still nowhere near as old as some of my shirts.😁

I was just wondering if oval conduit was still a preference to most people? And if so is there still a desire to cut channels tight enough to allow the conduit to be merely pushed in and held without any mechanical help?

Thanks in advance

Phil.

Hi TEF,

I realise this thread is well old (as my youngest refers to me) but it's still nowhere near as old as some of my shirts.😁

I was just wondering if oval conduit was still a preference to most people? And if so is there still a desire to cut channels tight enough to allow the conduit to be merely pushed in and held without any mechanical help?

Thanks in advance

Phil.
Probably chases are not required these days  as most projects are dry lined with plaster board ...rarely chase in KO boxes in these cases .