Dog illness

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainydays

Reaction score
Hi Apache, looking for advice if you would be so kind. I got in from work not too long ago and there were the dried remains of bile in four areas on the floor.

I let my dog out and she had a very smelly, loose/watery poo, but there was a little bit of blood in it.

I then walked the dog and she had two more attempts at pooing but there was what just appeared to be blood, in a small quantity.

She is normally fit and well and is up to date with her vaccinations and worming etc. She greeted me in the normal way when i got in and does not appear to be in any distress or discomfort.

She is a staffordshire bull terrier and is 9 years old.

What would you recommend?

Kind regards: Sean

Hello and thanks for starting a thread ;)

If she is well and being sick then starve her for 12 hours and then re-introduce small easily digestible feeds (boiled rice, pasta, chicken, white fish, scrambled egg). If she's sick again withdraw food for a further 12 hours.

Assuming she remains bright and is keeping water down then you can easily go on with the 12 hour fasts for 48 hours. If she is getting worse, not keeping water down and going off colour then get her seen by your vet.

Most of these are just mild stomach bugs that pass themselves.

If the dog has diarrhoea then keep feeding it (assuming not being sick) as the gut requires food to nourish the gut lining cells.

Just a warning for anyone else reading the thread - if it's a puppy (<6 months) then don't starve the dog for more than 3 hours, they go downhill fast and may need a vet sooner rather than later.

In this case with the dog being well i wouldn't worry too much!

Thank`s for the response. I have had her out this morning and she is her usual chirpy self, running around like a loony. She has done her business and it is firming up. No signs of blood just a faint red tinge in one part of it