worried dog owner

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzdr1

Reaction score
i have a 12yr old staffy ***** who m occasionally wets herself, has the most horrendous smelling wind and sometimes when she stands her back legs seem stiff, has anyone got any advice

Yes! Go to your own vet and take a urine sample with you. There could be a number of issues here, possible incontinence, arthritis or even some kind of digestive upset.

At a guess she'll need a blood test to check her kidneys and liver are ok. Assuming they are some painkillers for the back end and some treatment for the incontinence can make the world of difference to her quality of life.

she also has a big black what i wld call a granny wart on the inside of her left bk leg that has grown 2 the size of a ping pong ball, i worry about taking her 2 the vets ass she is a very loved member of the family and would be gutted if there was anything serious wrong with her

That's flawed logic! IF there is something serious then you owe it to her to get her treated. IF she was suffering then you might have to make a decision, but it really doesn't sound like she's quite on her last legs yet! If she's got arthritis she needs painkillers and it would be cruel not to.

Owning a pet is a great responsibility. No vet is ever going to force you to have the dog put to sleep. Go and get the beastie looked at!