dog not taking care of puppies

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samanthawright123

Reaction score
hi there i am a bit concerned about my dog and her pups. she had 3 pups on Tuesday and never had anymore until the next day when she had another 1 but sadly it never made it. now my dog wont feed the puppies or clean them. i dont know what to do with them i have had to clean them myself because they were toileting and the dog wasnt cleaning them. what should i do?

This is serious!

Get your dog to the vet today!

There are any number of possible problems that could be going on (remaining dead puppies, womb infection, mastitis) but the ***** needs treatment and the puppies need proper supplementary feeding. Your vet will be able to advise and supply you with a suitable product. You're not going to get much sleep.

They need treatment now or you could lose them all.

Please let me know how you get on.

I will send this info as a PM so it gets to your email even if you don't log back in to the forum.

dog and pups fine vet gave her a jag and know she is feedi9ng them and a have to clean them but she should start cleaning them soon the vet said

Thanks for the update, Samantha.

Glad Mum and Pups are doing well now. :Applaud