Remeha avanta help please

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordy71

Reaction score
Have never even heard of this boiler before but had to wire one up the other day and i cant get it to work, It has a large open terminal plate with lots of blocks to wire into. L,N,E, and in the instructions say it has 2 sw inputs, one for heating and one for water??? However it is a regular heat only boiler with just flow and return pipes. I rang the tech line and was told i had wired it correctly, at the moment it is going through its purge cycle then goes to fire up, does so for about 30 seconds then locks out. I think its because there is air in the system because it is a large house. The plumber reckons it needs a separate neutral from the boiler which the tech line told him, I think its a load of c**p. Sorry for the badly written thread but its been a long day.....

i wired one a while back and it kept locking out, the tech line said they had not flushed the old rads out enough and they spent ages striping bits down to find out later on it was an air lock.

The neutral will probably be linked anyway try a continuity test across it. Plumbers always want you to do all the work never think its there fault.

Yep air in the system, Put a perm live to the pump for a couple of minutes and it cleared the airlock. Lazy lazy plumber....

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was made at 19:29 ----------

And of course no extra neutral needed, what a div.