fan assisted oven

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmaccui

Reaction score
hi guys a friends cooker is making a noise when turned on, after having a look it turns out to be the fan bearings i presume as the fan wobbles about abit, so could i disconnect the fan and turn the oven into an ordinary oven or could this cause problems?

thanks kenny

Don't think that would work most fan ovens only use a small amount of power and is designed to blow heat through i think it would not get warm enough.

It`ll cause problems mate.

There is a circular element around the edges of the fan; which is designed to be "fan cooled" when in use. Premature failure is likely; and I wouldn`t rule out a fire risk either, TBH (maybe unlikely, as there is no fan sense input).

KME

KME is quite right. The element is designed to run with fan 'cooling' and will suffer rapid failure if run without the fan. Just get a new motor, they're usually easy to change. Try espares.

A wide range of spares are available for most common brands of oven. A lot of makes also have website with exploded parts drawing showing how bits go where..

I think you need to price up a replacement fan and see what you friend wants to do.

Guinness

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:03 ----------

Just seen PC's post...

agreed e-spares have a good range of stuff...

Kitchen Appliance Spares and Parts | eSpares

or maybe

Spare Parts - Genuine Kitchen Appliance Parts & Accessories from Inter spares

thanks for the info guys much appreciated :)
If you do manage to locate a replacement part, let us know once you have fixed it, and remember to take a couple of before & after photos.

Doc H.

they are going to get their landlord to fix it so i am out of the loop now. a couple of glasses of wine was my payment :)

Latest posts