help with smeg please DF612 SE

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basicbri

Reaction score
hello all

i was wondering if some kind person can help please'

we have the above smeg machine that when you push the power button the main breaker switch trips in the house' and has to be reset.

the machine was working before the antiflood was tripped and was reset, but once i reset it this is when this problem started.

thanks in advance

cheers basicbri

hello alli was wondering if some kind person can help please'

we have the above smeg machine that when you push the power button the main breaker switch trips in the house' and has to be reset.

the machine was working before the antiflood was tripped and was reset, but once i reset it this is when this problem started.

thanks in advance

cheers basicbri
Hello basicbri, welcome to the forum. I assume this appliance is a washing machine or dishwasher? The main breaker you talk about I think is an RCD earth leakage trip, which is a device that will disconnect the power in the event of electricity flowing to earth. This is a safety device that reduces the risk of electric shock. As Zeespark mentioned appliances which have some sort of leak allowing damp to get onto the electrics could cause the RCD to trip. If its a washing machine there could be numerous hoses and internal connections that could have a fault. Dishwashers have fewer moving parts and are less susceptible to internal leaks. The first thing I would check is your outlet hose. A blockage in the outlet hose could cause backwash overflow when the appliances is draining off. Especially if your outlet hose is the type that sits into a vertical drain out pipe on the wall behind the appliance. Also if the plug socket is mounted down the back the I would suggest as Zee said to get an electrician to come and open up the socket and test it all out to check it is still safe.

Doc H.