• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Talk Electrician Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dimplex Underfloor Heating

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wozz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have for sale a number of Dimplex under floor heating kits 2m (0.5x4) RTS2M, complete with floor sensor and stat. Brand new still in unopened boxes.

Im after

It cant im afraid steps, Heatmat is top of the pile in terms of quality and they do small mats that may suit you, they also up the output on smaller mats so they are still worth having.

It cant im afraid steps, Heatmat is top of the pile in terms of quality and they do small mats that may suit you, they also up the output on smaller mats so they are still worth having.
Quite right wozz,,,,, I thought Steps had made a typo:O

Why carbon film Steps,,, whats wrong with cable or mat????

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:34 ----------

.... and just because Heatmat charge more, it does not make them any better than cheaper makes,,,, they are the best known though;)

I dunno, :C

just a heatmat that will do 1m'sq on wood(floorboards/chipboard sheets) overlaid with ply and then lino or something similar.

I have NO idea about stuff like this, :|

its the three year on site warranty that sells it for me!

I dunno, :C just a heatmat that will do 1m'sq on wood(floorboards/chipboard sheets) overlaid with ply and then lino or something similar.

I have NO idea about stuff like this, :|
For small odd shaped rooms you are better off with a cable kit as you can make it go around things better

Don't forget you'll need a controller, tape (to stick it down with), some of the small copex to put the thermostat in and maybe some of the reflective primer that they sell;)

Before you lay the kit make sure that any traps are properly supported then lay some 1/4" marine ply,,, screwed down every 6" (counter sunk!), then prime it and lay the wire as in the instructions (there is a calculation to work out spacing). After you have laid and taped the kit down channel a groove out for the sensor and fit that, then cover the kit with self leveler and then lay your laminate, cushion floor or tiles.

HTH

My bathroom is small ask KME he laid the U/F heating with me not enough room for 2, in fact with him being as tall as he is not really enough room for him!

We used a wire, worked well.

However, downstairs, on concrete floor, did use thermal primer first which under foot, even before the wire seemed to make a difference to the warmth of the floor.