Skin tag like rash - cavalier king charles spaniel

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark740

Reaction score
When my dog was young he had this raised lumpy things on his front legs/chest area, they look like skin tags.

I asked the vet at the time and was told "doesnt look serious and nothing to worry about"

i was stroking him yesterday and i noticed it had all got alot bigger/bumper, the skin tag bit of it is also bigger, it doesnt seem to bother him but it has made his fur in that area stand up.

My groomer said she has not seen anything like it before.

Before i go to the vets i thought ad ask here

cheers

Mark

Is it something you can photograph? Sounds weird from the description.

Is it itchy? Is there scurf?

Initial thoughts would be a contact allergy from where its distributed.

wow quicker response than the vet i actually pay :)

yes i can photograph it later

he does not ever scrach or bite the bit just above his front knee so id say not noth itchy

had to google scurf.....no flaky skin etc etc,

i would say one bit looks exatly as a skin tag would , hair does still grow out of the tip of this tag too.

the rest is like a bumpy raised lumpy bit......hard to describe

will take a picture later for you

cheers apache much appreciated

DSCF0199.jpg

DSCF0198.jpg

DSCF0196.jpg

DSCF0197.jpg

sorry about the colour i had to backlight with my phone flash to get the macro mode to focus correctly

cheers

mark

Now that IS weird! If you were my client I would advise removing a few of them and sending them off for histology (where they look under the microscope to see what kind of cells they are) as it will give a lot of useful information as to what they are. If they are a result of chronic irritation then the histology may give a clue as to the cause.

Will try to get the wife to have a look as she knows more about skin than me!

james - that made me chuckle

cheers patch

he has had this for over 3 years now, it has grown very slowly in that time.

i dont mind getting stuff tested etc, he has cost me a fortune so far anyway :)

both his ears require regular cleaning with a solution given by the vet, he has had his anal glands flushed 3 times now, after they got infected, altho since we put him on chappie over a year ago he has not had a problem with it.....!

all the vets that have seen him ( companion care has his staff turn over) have said he is pretty healthy, knees heart etc