Central heating problem

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnw

Reaction score
I have removed a radiator for decorating, refitted, filled and bled it. The radiator does not get warm when c/h is on, all other rads in house OK, hot water OK. Bought house last spring, so don't know if it was ok before then.

Have wall mounted gas boiler (not condensing) approx 10 years old (Persimmon house)

Any ideas?

Thanks

you did turn both valves on didnt you?

try turning some other reds off, force a bit more water through the non-working one. if it gets hot, then you need to balance the system

Couple of things to try

are both valves open on the radiator ?????

is there enuff water pressure at the boiler 1.5 bar ish ???

have you bled all the radiators ????? normally the air goes to the highest radiator in the house

where in the house is the radiator up/down,furthest point, etc

try those then come back to us.......

then we can find you a plumbers forum
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

Both valves open, rad in downstairs study - not sure where in circuit though. Will bleed all other rads. If still not working will come back. Is there a simple way of finding out pressure at boiler, me being an amateur DIY person?

Both valves open, rad in downstairs study - not sure where in circuit though. Will bleed all other rads. If still not working will come back. Is there a simple way of finding out pressure at boiler, me being an amateur DIY person?
there it is !!!!!!

before you removed the rad it would be at 1.5 bar

you bled the rad and then refilled which would have put the pressure to less than 1 bar.

that is your problem.

Assuming this is the case (not at home right now), how does the pressure get back up to around 1.5 bar?

there it is !!!!!!before you removed the rad it would be at 1.5 bar

you bled the rad and then refilled which would have put the pressure to less than 1 bar.

that is your problem.
not really. if it was low pressure, none of them would get hot

Fair point

still needs checking

check if pipes warm on either side of rad

are the rads hot at the top or bottom ?????

air lock possibly ???

I done exactly the same as you once and the part inside the valve had stuck in the closed position

Latest posts