Adding panels to existing systems

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some DNO`s refuse to allow inverter capacity increase - though they will allow a second, separate install at the same premises.

Thats all I`ve come across, though mate. I`ll bet the FIT for an additional would be limited to the new rates, if registered after Dec 11th

you get the FIT rate that is applicable at the time the install is commissioned, this also applies to a recommissioning of a modified install,

so, if you are going to add on,

lie about it now, and put the proper inverter in place now, otherwise the S/N will be wrong, and the date stamp wont match either.

Being a slightly intoximacated no PV trained sort of bod........

Do I smell a rat of a member trying to fiddley dee some lektwical generating payments????? ]:)

or have I mis-read the thread??

Is the correct answer .........

I have a cunning plan BLACKADDER?

B-):) O) :C

Slackbladder actually.

I'm sure I saw somewhwere that yuo can add to an installation and receive the higher tariff because it is an exisitng installation. Was doing the Energy saving trust survey yesterday, and several questions were about 'extensions' to commercial installs, and should the loop hole be closed down.

If I wanted to fiddle FiT, I would run the house electrics through the generation meter - doddle! It's not about fiddling, it's about legal loopholes and taking advantage to beat deadline. As it happens all we really need is serial number of generation meter to register for FiT

In answer to my own question, this loophole has been closed after Energy saving Trust discovered that having slashed commercial installation rates this summer, that a lot of installers exploited this loophole to obtain higher tariff. You can add panels after deadline, but the whole array attracts lower tariff if you do.

We've had a customer who had 2kWp at the first FIT rate.  He's had a second installation, which attracts the current FIT rate.  If we had enlarged his original installation the whole installation would have attracted the current FIT.

where abouts in Polish Pasty land are you? (Ginstrers is nearly all Polish now as I understand it LOL). I ask becuase we occasionally get PV enquiries in Cornwall, like Bude, which is pain to get to from Plymouth