jamievenna2

How to transfer iPhone music to iTunes after reinstall Windows 7

jamievenna2

I am experiencing trouble with my iPhone. I have to reinstalled my Windows 7 OS due to some trouble. When I reinstalled everything include iTunes back, it can not automatically back up my iPhone to iTunes like it used to. Also, I can not copy any songs and/or videos from iPhone to my iTunes.

Does anyone know how could I restore all my previous services I got before the reinstallation? Help!!

Very thanks.

bejph

I's because you blew away the association between your phone and computer. You can't just walk up to any computer to synch your phone, and when you reinstall the OS you start over.

There are a few tools that can rescue your songs. I assume you didn't back up any of your songs, before you reinstalled your OS, right? So your music is on the phone only.

When I had a disk crash a few years ago, I used ipodrip to restore. It worked. Now I do regular backups. Consider doing that.

If you do not understand what I've just said, let us know How to transfer music from iPhone to iTunes easily.

Edited by bejph

KappaLorenzo

You can't transfer it directly because Apple doesn't allow you to transfer from iPhone to iTunes.

You may google for other tools that can manage to do it.

Steve3948

Well in iTunes first give your PC/Laptop permission (5 devices max), then make sure iTunes is logged into the correct account.

When you plug your iPhone in you need to transfer all purchases back from iPhone to PC/Laptop, this includes apps, music etc.

This has worked for me many times, go to the apple web site for detailed information on how to do it.

ProDave

This is precicely why I would not buy an apple product. too locked in.

My no name cheap MP3 player, just appears as an external drive when plugged into my PC, and I can freely copy music and video files either way with no restrictions and no faffing about.

Canoeboy

This is precicely why I would not buy an apple product. too locked in.

My no name cheap MP3 player, just appears as an external drive when plugged into my PC, and I can freely copy music and video files either way with no restrictions and no faffing about.

An iPod will show as a drive on usb if the correct box is ticked in iTunes

You can copy music from iPods easily with the right software (normally on OSx)

By the way apple products just work - no blue screens - no crap from m$ - no lock ups - Didn't you have a Vista issue recently ? :slap

The saying is "once you go apple you'll never go back" 

ProDave

By the way apple products just work - no blue screens - no crap from m$ - no lock ups - Didn't you have a Vista issue recently ?  :slap

No they don't.

Mrs PD has an IPOD. Bought against my recommendation.

About once every 6 months it just dies. Sometimes with a stuck display and completely un responsive. sometimes with no display at all.

All the documented multiple key press re boot sequences do not work.

The ONLY solution, is take the back off, unplug the battery, wait a few seconds, re connect the battery and it's good for another 6 months.

I've even filed the sharp edges off the barbs that hold the back on to make removing it much easier.

Why oh why they just don't fit a proper hardware on / off switch that disconnects the battery?  Oh sorry that's too old fashioned and too simple to think of.

Canoeboy

No they don't.

Mrs PD has an IPOD. Bought against my recommendation.

About once every 6 months it just dies. Sometimes with a stuck display and completely un responsive. sometimes with no display at all.

All the documented multiple key press re boot sequences do not work.

The ONLY solution, is take the back off, unplug the battery, wait a few seconds, re connect the battery and it's good for another 6 months.

I've even filed the sharp edges off the barbs that hold the back on to make removing it much easier.

Why oh why they just don't fit a proper hardware on / off switch that disconnects the battery?  Oh sorry that's too old fashioned and too simple to think of.

They DO

Is it synched to a Windows Product (iTunes on windows 7,8,XP,vista) ??? :slap

Then there in lies your problem

Try synching it to an Apple Product - Mac Mini,iMac,MacBook Pro on OSX and you'll find all your problems disappear

If an iPod is synched to an apple product the file system is native OSx and different to a windows one

We have in the family 3 iPods,2 iPhones,2 iPads - All synched to OSx and never been a problem (some are generation 1 so quite old) 

ProDave

They DO

Is it synched to a Windows Product (iTunes on windows 7,8,XP,vista) ??? :slap

It's rarely synced to anything.

It's used stand alone to play music. sometimes through headphones and sometimes through speakers.

Once in a blue moon it will get connected to the PC (yes the Vista one) to upload some more music.

Are you saying it NEEDS to be regularly synced to another Apple product in order to keep it working?  :shakehead

Andy™

Are you saying it NEEDS to be regularly synced to another Apple product in order to keep it working?  :shakehead

yes, otherwise it feels neglected and alone, then stops working until its made to feel better again

Jack S. Price
On 19/11/2011 at 04:18, bejph said:
On 19/11/2011 at 04:18, bejph said:

I's because you blew away the association between your phone and computer. You can't just walk up to any computer to synch your phone, and when you reinstall the OS you start over.

There are a few tools that can rescue your songs. I assume you didn't back up any of your songs, before you reinstalled your OS, right? So your music is on the phone only.

When I had a disk crash a few years ago, I used ipodrip to restore. It worked. Now I do regular backups. Consider doing that.

If you do not understand what I've just said, let us know How to transfer music from iPhone to iTunes easily.

This is all done with the help of certain software.

Sharpend

Well that was blinding non-information!! 
well worth the 8 year wait!! 

kerching
4 hours ago, Sharpend said:

Well that was blinding non-information!! 
well worth the 8 year wait!! 

That's a bit harsh ....it's only just after 8 years since the last post😂😂😂😂& over 9 since the first

Just saying