vB Facebook App and Talk.electricianforum.co.uk

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Would forum members be interested in a plugin for the forum in the form of a FACEBOOK App. (at a cost)

Now, I would like you all to let me know by answering the poll above please?

Before parting with any readies, I would like to to know how many would actually use it.

Just some of the things that can be done are:

[*]Forums

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just too old fashioned.

Phones are things to pick up and talk to people.

If you must communicate by written word, that needs a qwerty keyboard, not some tichy phone screen.

So if you are going to use a computer, why would I want to use facebook, rather than the forum directly?

To my aged mind, it doesn't compute.

To the younger ones that like texting on a minute keyboard then there may be merit, so go ahead, it's just not for me.

TBH I'm on facebook but only just pop on the site really quickly every now and then to have a quick nosey. But, its all dribble with silly status updates like "I have just eaten my dinner" or "The kids are annoying me!" etc.

I think its up to you mate but no interest to me, sorry.

The other issue is the joys of anonymity that a forum such as this brings. Although we are not as anonymous as we think I have no intention of using my real name on here (a number of you know who I am) so don't want my FB tying up with the forum.

:C

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't use it either, however is there an email notifier for the iPhone app Eg when someone else comments on your thread or a thread you have commented on?? If there is a setting to allow this i have not found it:eek:

That worked great thanks cam you also tell me what the notifications are? When i tap on them nothing happens! It just says 3 new likes ta :D

The other issue is the joys of anonymity that a forum such as this brings. Although we are not as anonymous as we think I have no intention of using my real name on here (a number of you know who I am) so don't want my FB tying up with the forum. :C
Calm down Paddy your secret is safe.

It won't, the likes system isn't supported on the android or apple app due to it being a bolt onIt shows as a notification but that's all

Something we have to live with
I can 'like' posts with my Blackberry! Another apple loss!