** New ** BS7671 17th Edition Exam practice - Online, and Great Resource Info Site!..

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshwizard

Honorary Life Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys (and Girls),

I started my 17th Edition course Last Night. My Lecture has put together a fantasic website and Multi-choice on screen tests, Using actual questions from the exams. (not what he may think they are).

The Price (Unfortunately, all good things come at a price), Is

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you have purchased this, received your 'Loggin in' details and Replied to the Email with the Reference... "REF:TALK"Enter here www.learn17thedition.org to Loggin and use it.

One thing that I have noticed is that, even though there are a few hundred questions, You can only use each section ONCE after getting them right. You can, however - Still see the questions and answers that are shown as "Correct" with a green tick, for 'revision'.

The site, In my Opinion, works quite well, considering it is in it's early days. Clearly - a lot of time and effort has gone into it.

One thing that I have spotted (and My lecturer has said his son is going to do asap) is that there is no link back to the question index page. (quizzes page as they call it).

I have to exit the questions page, by clicking the red square wit the white cross at the top right of the screen.

hi i was just wondering is there any sort of cd that can help me prepair for my 2330 302 exam (inspection and testing because i am finding it very hard and have already failed it once

I have that coming up. So too, I have my 301.

I would appreciate if you could recall some, if any questions, and post them on here, Please?

PS. Welcome to the forum.

Thanx Welshwizard.

This multi-choice question course really works.

After six evenings spent on it today I have passed 2382-10 exam.

Some questions are almost identical, some very similar, some less but overall, when you finish this course you are really prepared to undertake the real one.

Recommended.

Thanx Welshwizard.This multi-choice question course really works.

After six evenings spent on it today I have passed 2382-10 exam.

Some questions are almost identical, some very similar, some less but overall, when you finish this course you are really prepared to undertake the real one.

Recommended.
Nice that you've made your first post! Well done BTW :)

There's a 'thanks' button you could click on to show Welshie that you appreciate his post :)

First post was 18th of March 2008 second post the day after, and now the replies are

1st of March 2009 followed by 6th of May, spooky how forums work

First post was 18th of March 2008 second post the day after, and now the replies are1st of March 2009 followed by 6th of May, spooky how forums work
Some threads do end up that way (on many forums), depends if a member picks up on it, and chooses to reply.

Don

Some threads do end up that way (on many forums), depends if a member picks up on it, and chooses to reply.Don
It is nice on here, that if an old thread is brought back up the member isn't slated (unlike on other forums)

:)

It is nice on here, that if an old thread is brought back up the member isn't slated (unlike on other forums) :)
depends how relevant the resurrected thread is and what their reply is about. but round here, is doesnt really make much difference (and there has been plenty threads with a reply many moths after, and then further replies before someone notices date of first posts)

Just bought the exam practice above, waiting for the key.

I also found this and I am finding it good to make sure I have covered all the areas a college should cover when training us, good for revision also I think as you can go through it and make sure you know every area (or at least know where to find it as its open book n all)....so thought post... might help someone.

Knowledge

The candidate will be able to:

1.1 Identify examples of installations in the scope of BS 7671 and particular requirements for

specific installations and locations.

1.2 Identify those installations that are excluded from BS 7671.

1.3 Identify those statutory regulations that may be supported by BS 7671.

1.4 State the requirements for installations in premises licensed under the statutory control of an

authoritative body.

1.5 State the requirements regarding the fundamental principles relating to protection for safety,

design, selection, erection, verification and certification of electrical installations.

2 Definitions

Underpinning knowledge

2.1 Use part 2 of BS 7671 in relation to all other parts of BS 7671.

3 Assessment of general characteristics

Underpinning knowledge

3.1 State the need to determine maximum demand for an installation.

3.2 Determine the characteristics of a supply.

3.3 State the source (eg standby, safety) and characteristics necessary for a supply.

3.4 State the need to divide an installation into suitable circuit arrangements.

3.5 Determine the number and types of live conductors for installation circuits.

3.6 Identify those external influences that determine the selection of equipment and installation

methods/techniques.

3.7 State the need to consider compatibility and maintainability in the selection of equipment.

3.8 State the need for an assessment of each circuit regarding continuity of service.

4 Protection for safety

Underpinning knowledge

4.1 Identify the differences between basic and fault protection

4.2 State means of protection against electrical shock by

a basic protection

b fault protection

c both basic and fault protection (excluding IT)

d additional protection

4.3 Describe how the requirements for shock protection are affected by

a value of the external loop Impedance (Ze)

b compliance with Zs = Ze + R1 + R2

c compliance with tables 41.1, 41.2, 41.3, 41.4, 41.5 and 41.6

4.4 Describe means of protection against fire, burns and harmful thermal effects and identify

precautions where particular risks of danger of fire exists

4.5 Identify the difference between overcurrent and fault current

4.6 Identify the differences between overload currents, earth fault currents, short circuit currents

and shock currents

4.7 Describe methods of overcurrent protection and the need for co-ordination with conductors

and equipment.

4.8 State the requirements for protection against

a voltage disturbances

I. overvoltage

II. undervoltage

b electromagnetic disturbances.

5 Selection and erection of equipment

Underpinning knowledge

5.1 Identify the need for compliance with British Standards, or harmonised European Standards

and Codes of Practice.

5.2 State the effects that operational conditions and external influences have on the choice of

installation methods, materials and equipment.

5.3 State the requirements for accessibility to equipment and connections

5.4 Describe the need for, and the siting and wording requirements of, circuit charts, warning

notices and labels.

5.5 State identification requirements for live and protective conductors.

5.6 Describe the need to protect against mutual detrimental influences.

5.7 State the effect of each of the following on the selection and erection of wiring systems

a types of wiring system

b external influences

c electrical connections

d minimising the spread of fire

e proximity of other services

f maintainability.

5.8 Use the following to determine conductor size and select appropriate cable from Appendix

a design current

b overcurrent protection

c cable route

d correction factors

e voltage drop limitations

f diversity.

5.9 State the difference between, and the requirements for

a isolation

b switching off for mechanical maintenance

c emergency switching

d functional switching

5.10 State the uses of monitoring

a insulation

b residual current

5.11 Identify types of devices offering protection against risk of fire

5.12 Identify types of devices offering protection against overcurrent.

5.13 Describe earthing arrangements to facilitate automatic disconnection of supply.

5.14 State the recognised types of earth electrode and their applications.

5.15 Determine, and select types and sizes of

a main protective bonding conductors

b supplementary bonding conductors

c circuit protective conductors

d earthing conductors.

5.16 Identify the requirements relevant to the installation of equipment having High Protective

Conductor Currents

5.17 Describe the dangers in the use of equipment outside the equipotential zone.

5.18 State how electric shock protection is provided by

a RCD protected socket-outlets/circuits

b the installation of an RCD in a TT system.

5.19 Identify the requirements for low voltage generating sets

5.20 Identify the requirements for rotating machines

5.21 State the requirements for accessories such as plug and socket-outlets and

cable couplers

5.22 Identify the requirements for current-using equipment such as electrode boilers and heating

cables

5.23 State the requirements for transformers

5.24 Identify the requirements for the selection and erection of luminaires and lighting

installations, including highway power supplies and street furniture

5.25 State the requirements for supplies for safety services and their associated circuits and

cables

L

6 Inspection and testing

Underpinning knowledge

6.1 Identify the general requirements for inspection and testing of installations

6.2 State the need for diagrams, charts or tables to be available prior to the verification process.

6.3 Identify the items to be checked during the inspection process.

6.4 State the tests which may need to be carried out on initial verification*

6.5 Compare test results with relevant criteria

6.6 State the requirements for the issue of

a Electrical Installation Certificate

b Minor Works Certificate

c Periodic Inspection Report.

*Detailed testing procedures are not covered in this qualification as this is detailed within the City &

Guilds Level 2 Certificate in fundamental inspection, testing and initial verification (2392-10).

7 Special installations or locations

Underpinning knowledge

The candidate will be able to state the special requirements for electrical installations in:

7.1 locations containing a bath or shower

7.2 swimming pools and other basins

7.3 rooms or cabins containing sauna heaters

7.4 construction and demolition sites

7.5 agricultural and horticultural premises

7.6 caravans, motor caravans and caravan parks

7.7 conducting locations with restricted movement

7.8 marinas and similar locations

7.9 exhibitions, shows and stands

7.10 locations containing solar photovoltaic power supply systems

7.11 mobile or transportable units

7.12 temporary electrical installations for structures, amusement devices and booths at

fairgrounds, amusement parks and circuses

7.13 locations containing floor and ceiling heating systems.

Use of appendices

Underpinning knowledge

8.1 Apply relevant information/data within Appendices

a British Standards to which reference is made in the Regulations

b Statutory regulations and associated Memoranda

c Time/Current characteristics of overcurrent protective devices

d Current-carrying capacity and voltage drop for cables and flexible cords

e Classification of external influences

f Electrical Installation Certificate, Minor Works Certificate and Periodic Inspection Report

g Harmonized cable core colours

h Current-carrying capacity and voltage drop for busbar trucking and powertrack

systems

i Definitions

Have you received your Key Tom?
I have yes thanks, I love the program! lots of questions to get stuck into, the comment about only being able to answer the question once or twice seems to be only to stop people from passing the password around as they reset it for you (for free) if you ask but I do not think ill need to as my test is on Thursday and I think I will strugle to do it more than once but ill try. :^O :^O

Good luck on your test and get the key redone - go over them as much as you can.

He is on the end of the blower shouyld you need him. Throughout the day he lectures , so phone his mobile - He WILL answer it.

Naturally, phone his housephone in the Evening. Up 'til 10 or 10.30?

The service is fab.

Thanks Admin.

Have you used it? just wondered if you think it is worth highlighting the answers?

i've brought the service through paypal and has been exepted and processed etc. but i haven't got login details yet. how long did it take you guys to get the ''key''

made in england,

When did you purchase it?

If you need it quick - Phone his Mobile (Trevor) and tell him, Admin from talk.electricianforum.co.uk told you to phone.

i contacted through emial and got a reply within the hour. very impressive service just like you said.