NICEIC Approved contractor final assessment passed!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welchyboy

Reaction score
Just to say thanks to people who helped me with their advice and guidance on my assessment, got two minor non-compliances but apart from that every thing went quite well,

but i must say that is a PROPER inspection, he left no stone unturned, especially with the paperwork!

if anyone is awaiting their assessment and has any questions on what to expect please feel free to ask me and i will do my best to help you!

just gotta wait for my invitation of enrolment now, which i assume wont take much time as they will want some more of my hard earned

congrats mate, NIC AC assessment is how all should be, just a shame they're not.

Welchy,

I was asking to see what the consistency is like because my AE is into everything and picks the jobs as long as we can get access.

Congrats again.

SW

Well he did actualy try and catch me out, on the pre-assessment he asked if i could arrange access to two domestic rewires that i had recently finished and a large extension with outbuilding, they would be my site visits, however on the day he said 'im gonna throw a curve ball at you now, can i see your commercial minor works certs for this year please'

then he picked one that i had done from about a year ago and wanted to go see it, the job was just adding a few sockets in a vets, i said they wasnt expecting us, but he said dont worry they will be ok!, so off we went.

He said its more likely that earthing and bonding is overlooked when undertaking small jobs on an existing install, especially in commercial premises, and this is what he will specifically be looking for!

Sneaky git!

Job was a goodun though, better luck next time Mr AE!

Err sorry bout that. Bit of an error. Did a search and forgot to check posting dates. Not been forumming for a while so bit of a schoolboy error