Sick Kitties - Male kitten and older Female cat

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenniffer Dean

Reaction score
I have a kitten who i took in at 3 months old with his sisters and they were all feral never had any human contact...i kept the male because he adjusted so easily and the girls are now happy barn kitties with no problems...HOWEVER my little guy is now sick, he has urinated and defecated in the past 2 days, but refuses water and food for the most part, he did take a little turkey meat and i have been forcing fluids into him because he did get very dehydrated, i have done so with both an iv and eyedroppers...he seems to be very weak especially in his hind quarters and just wants to sleep all day and night only gets up when forced to do so for fluids...not sure whats going on with him...I ALSO have an indoor/outdoor female cat who has a blister type thing on her nose which has peeled and now is oozing blood and clear fluid but started to scab over, they both got sick at the same time so i thought it could be relevant

Take them to the vets, I had my little oscar dog who had similar symptons and needed to be put on a drip and was in hospital for a week, had I not took him quickly, the vet said he would have died.

Hi Jennifer,

Welcome to the forum.

Have you got / can you take any photos of, the blister type thing on your Female cats' nose? It may give our resident vet a little better info. I know our resident vet, although he pops on regular, is very very busy with his business committments at present, but I am sure he will be on to answer you the best he can, without actually seeing your cats etc.

As John said, it may be a better idea to actually take them to your local vet, even more so, with your kitten. Which ever you decide, please pop back on here and give us an update on them.

How old are your cats?

Many thanks,

Admin.

Last edited by a moderator:
You did an IV in your own cat? Not to be recommended. What fluid did you use, how did you control the rate etc?

Young animals are very susceptible to infections and can go down hill and even die very quickly. These cats need examining by a veterinary surgeon now. If you mess about you could end up with a dead kitten. Sorry to be harsh, but that's how it is. Cases like this cannot be diagnosed over the internet.