So did you think the shop's, parking, shopping centers were quieter this year????

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I have been out with Mrs Special for the past two days 23rd & 24th..

doing various bits of Christmas shopping...

Local town..

& Nearest main shopping center ("Merry Hill")

Deke and others in the West Mids with know where that is...

& further afield... Solihull Touchwood...

As Jasper Carrott used to say thats the posh place where they get out of the bath to have a pee!!!

Anyway...

I must admit I thought shops in general were quieter than normal for this time of year....

:C :|

I was at toys r us other day and mentioned there that was quiet, lass behind counter (who I must say was tidy and asked if she would see me in town for a drink ;) ) says the mad rush seemed to be 3 weeks prior and its been quietish since. My first though was everyone getting paid at end of November.

Sent from my Desire Z

Quite busy today at shopping centre in local town shame parking attendants were out for quite a few people though who didn't put there tickets on they got a

there is pretty much no free parking in shields town centre. so i rarely go shopping there. only venture that was if its work related. fortunately, the main places i go to have loading bays outside so can get away with parking there

the main street is also a pedestrian zone, with loading until 10am. being a pedestrian zone, there isnt many traffic wardens passing though it...

i get free parking in lichfield city all day if i want i park outside my aunts house :slap
Whats the address , Badge?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 15:27 ---------- Previous post was made at 15:24 ----------

Well I have been out with Mrs Special for the past two days 23rd & 24th..doing various bits of Christmas shopping...

Local town..

& Nearest main shopping center ("Merry Hill")

Deke and others in the West Mids with know where that is...

& further afield... Solihull Touchwood...

As Jasper Carrott used to say thats the posh place where they get out of the bath to have a pee!!!

Anyway...

I must admit I thought shops in general were quieter than normal for this time of year....

:C :|
I don't go to that Torchwood place , its weird .

I think Lichfield have it right TBH plenty of car parks for a small place , not costing a fortune like B,ham. Also as I go with the Missus , the Blue Badge can get you parked, free, right in the Market Place ( with a modicom of luck), which is a blessing for anyone not very mobile .

Compare to The Bull Ring in B,ham ,car park probably full, long walk, steps, bridge, place is geared for younger people , lots of fashionable shops , high security, well worth a visit for under 50s , nowhere to sit down for the not so mobile.

While on the subject , a visit to Birmingham's German Market is worth a visit also . I heard someone say they now understood why the Luftwaffe flattened the city, so they could get the market in every year ....I couldn't possibly comment.