• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Talk Electrician Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

BRB for sale

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theorysparky

Domestic Electrician
Reaction score
for sale my big red book

4 years old

good little source of info

a bit tatty ,,,, never let me down

passed its annual assessment since birth

post-it stickers still attached for ease of reference

modified with green,yellow and orange highlighters

genuine reason for sale..........

all offers accepted

Redirect Notice

willing to respray green ...for all the tight fisted g'ts and cowboys

thanks for looking

Flog 'em Eh ! Good Idea!

How much for :-

14th ( Blue covers, Last seen in loft)

14th ( Metric edition , Orangy Brown, another rip off )

15th ( Blue Hardback, all ammendments lost) well worn.

16th ( Brown cover, good cond. )

17th (BRB complete with stickers /post its)

Edit:-

Just looked on shelf above screen and saw .."The ASEE Illustrated Guide to the 15th Edition" Quick look through ... not much different to the 17th ...other than ...everything metal in the world must be bonded to your fuseboard.

Edit 2.

And one from our sponser , Mr Scaddan , "16th edition Regs Explained & illustrated"

Whats this on the end ... Harry Potter and the Coefficient of Linear Expansion Hhmmm give that a miss I think!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah the good old days ..... when you'd never even know what shape/size/number of pins the plugs would be at your next job.

2 pin X 2amp

2pin X 5A

2pin X 15A

3pin X 5A

3pin X 15A

A bayonet adaptor to fit the lampholder .

A 2way / switched L/holder adaptor, one for the lamp , one for plugging the iron into .

Sold mine to a fellow student at college for 50 quid as I had an electronic copy of it and a printed copy of it. Gotta buy the green one now. So if anyone got a spare green one for 45 quid that would be nice.

l'll take it as long it is a 17th edition BGB, original and postage should be about 4.99. How do you want to be paid? Will cash be ok or would you prefer a Nigerian Bank Cheque?

I have one also, but its not the new one as I am sure yours is not either! However I would never sell it, it will help me to compile EICR,s in the future.

I bet its your Fathers copy anyway :)