How do I combine and print off two A4 MS Word documents onto A3

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Hi all,

My Son has to do a newspaper for his geography homework. He has done these in A4 format. The fornt page is with a Header, but the other pages aren't. He did this in Microsoft word 2007.

The problem he has is that he needs to print two of these A4 pages, side by side onto an A3 page. (He has an A3 printer).

We are having issues trying to do it. Can someone please explain (bearing in mind that they were made and saved in A4 format, and the first page has the header image on it) how to print them side by side onto an A3 sheet, so that; when folded in half, they open up like a real newspaper / book, please?

I have seen replies to a similar issue based on using word 2000, but I can't get it to work on Word 2007. IE: nothing lines up correctly. The header also apperas on the second page, and if I delete it there, it will also delete from the first (front) page too. The first page appears to in portrait, and the second page seems to be in landscape, and it even (in some cases) spreads onto a third page?

I have seen this instruction on a forum:

Assuming Word 2000 or above, in the Print dialog, select "2 pages per sheet" in the Zoom: Pages per sheet box.

I have just seen the "2 Pages per sheet" under the heading: View -> Zoom -> Many pages -> 1 x 2. But there don't seem to be a way of adding another page to its side.

We need help as soon as possible on this please in an easy exact step by step guide, kind of way, if someone has the patience and time please?

Many thanks,

Admin.

You could alter he page settings to A3, set up the document as columns and hen cmbinr them into the same document,, don't know how that would go with he header though?

Or could you just print off one, turn the paper around and then print off the other (upside down)?

The issue that I have is that, as it is a newspaper, it is already set into 3 columns on the A4 sheet.

When I set up a new page as A3 Landscape, and 2 columns, one page spreads over 3 pages. :_| And the header is a pain in the arse.

Basically, what I need to is to keep the two A4 sheets in Portrait format, but have them as Landscape on the A3 printout. So basically, they will be printed side by side on the A3 and when you turn the sheet sideways and fold it in half, it will look like a book (but, as I am sure you will all know, an A3 sheet, when folded in half is the approximate size of a A4 sheet).

:_|

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was made at 13:26 ----------

Also, If I select "Landscape", that is when the issue rises.

How would I go about just turning the whole A4 document on its side, like you can rotate an image? It all messes up when I select Landscape. If I could just rotate the whole page like an image. :)

Try this.

Do you pages as normal. A4

Go to 'print'

on the print dialog, in the zoom section, Set 'Pages per sheet' to 2 and 'Scale to paper size' to A3.

Just tried it pinting to pdf and it seemed to work ok.

It's driving me nuts. The header keeps appearing on the second page too. How do I do it so that the header only shows on the one page please?

** EDIT ** Forgot to add, sorry, that they were saved as single pages. Hence, when I try to copy and paste a second (single) page into page 2 (underneath the first one), I keep getting the Page one logo (newspaper) into page two etc. It is getting on my goat. Is there a way that I could just keep the logo on page one please guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
I only need the header on the first page Noz. :)

Do you have it set as the header? This, by default repeats on every page. It's meant for things like the title of the document and such.

Why not take the image out the header and just add it as a image to the first page?

I have tried: Page Layout tab of the ribbon -> click the Page Setup dialog

launcher (the tiny button in the lower right corner of the Page Setup

group) -> In the dialog -> click the Layout tab -> check the option for

Different First Page -> OK.

But it still shows the header on the next page when I Copy and Paste. FFS!

if you want to send me the doc, you know the score...

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was made at 14:02 ----------

go to the first page, double click the header to go into 'edit' mode. click the design menu at top of window and click 'Different first page' boom, done.

I have redone them, without actually using the "Word Header", and instead, added as image, I have adjusted it all and had two pages on the same word document to test (one above and one below each otherm if you know what I mean?).

Selected A3 and they printed down the page, one on each A3 sheet, instead of priting side by side on one A3 sheet, if you know what I mean?

default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

Admin, kids homework, aren't they supposed to do it? :) Seriously, we had a few issues using the older version of MS Word etc. Do yourself a favour and take a look here:

Microsoft Office 2010 Student discount | Core Office 2010 products on sale

Recommended by my sons school and it guarantees that they're using at home what they are at school. Very good prices as well. We got the MS Office 2010 Pro Plus and you can install on two computers. Have you sorted it yet?

onoff, Have only just got back - No haven't sorted it yet.

Son did at home on word 2007.

I can't send it to anyone as he hasn't completely finished and he has to sort out what pages where, yet.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was made at 16:59 ----------

Forgot to add that even if my Son selects "Landsacpe", the text and images go on it like a portrait.

Latest posts