toileting issues!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melissa-pattison01

Reaction score
Hi, my kitten is 7 months old.

When we had her we were told she was litter trained so understood the first few incidents on the carpet.

However, continuing with litter training my cat urinated in the litter tray, but never had a b/m there unless under close supervision by myself.

Over the last month or so my kitten has since reversed these actions around and will no longer urinate in the litter tray unless, again, under close supervision.

She much prefers the bath tub and the carpets.

This is becoming very frustrating as the ammonia smell is very hard to get rid off.

Yesterday i put a litter tray near the common place she urinates but she really doesn't seem interested in it at all.

She knows she is doing wrong as runs off as soon as i see her doing it.

I hope you can help me with my situation!

How many cats do you have?

Is the litter tray enclosed?

It spotlessly clean?

What material do you have in the litter tray?

Any other pets?

You are going to have a job on your hands getting this sorted.

Hi. I have two cats. One of 13 and one of 7. All was well until we moved to a larger house and got a young border collie who'd never seen a cat in her life. She was obsessed by the younger cat, who got really stressed out by this and repeatedly got cystitis. He began to wee everywhere. The unfortunate result was that we had to rehome the dog. Sad, but she's gone to a great new home with six other collies and two newfoundlands. So, I understand the smell issue. Would stress play a big part with all the points you raised Apache? Thanks :)

No there are no stress issues that i can think of other than when she sees my face when she wees on the carpet lol!

Every kitten I ever had craps behind the TV once, don't ask me why. You will just have to supervise your cat closely and encourage the behaviour you want. I would also suggest you make sure you clean up and accidents pronto and thoroughly, then scent area with lemon / citrus essential oil. Whatever you do, do not lose patienece and terrorise cat, otherwise you will have a stressed cat.