Hotpoint Aquarius washing machine

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I've got a customer who's washing machine isn't working, it's a Hotpoint Aquarius WF530G

I've got a guide for it http://imagebank.indesitcompany.co.uk/brochures_online/pdf/Hotpoint/Laundry/WF100toWF745_Programme_19505147202.pdf

, but it doesn't say anything about faults really

What's happening is that when you switch on the power at the wall, the power light comes on and then goes straight off,,, the machine may as well have no power!

I've checked that power is getting through the filter and that all the plugs are connected to the programmer board so I'm thinking that the board has failed,,, it's a

There didnt seem to be, although I didn't take it out to have a better look. (my bad :coat )

It's in a little awkward spot down by the motor so I didn't want to spend too much time on it; I did tell him that I'm not a washing machine repair man, but that I would take a look at it if he wanted, he was sure that the lead was damaged!

That electronic repair job I did before Xmas I did at 1/2 price because I felt it was wrong to charge the client the whole time as I was a bit rusty, but, I did fix it and the client seems happy.

It was taken on because my normal board repair man was flat out, and, i was thinking about getting my hand back in to board level fault finding, which it did big time!

If it's not multi-layer & surface mount may be worth a pop?

i sometimes repair PCBs if its a fairly simple repair thats needed

here some pics from a job last year - 1 of the heating pumps was broken and using too much power - enough to melt the track, but not enough to blow fuse (plumber already replaced PCB, it lasted 1 day - he also replaced thermostat and another part inside the boiler, then said if it breaks again its electrical and to call a sparky)

PC160286.jpg

and the repair

PC160293.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No comment Andy;)

Although I have done similar myself since my past life when I used to do in depth PCB repair including through hole plating and multi layer boards; as well as repairing all sorts of other bits and pieces you find on aeroplanes,,, we even used to balance gyro rotors;)