Gov looses appeal. FIT back to 43p until March 3rd

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes but the supreme court have indicated that it could take at least 8 months for the hearing. See Green Click website. The Government has been advised by the Court of Appeal not to do this, because they do not have grounds.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:09 ----------

They know they are on a hinding to nothing but causing anxiety will stop some custoemrs. My supplier has already run out of some parts such as Sanyo's. Dave you did well!

I don't think the government are going to back down. I think they will keep up the intent to appeal all the way. I'm sure their ploy is to create uncertainty to minimise the number taking up solar PV right now to minimise the numbers they have to pay the 43p rate to.

Perhaps after the March 3rd deadline, we might hear they have dropped their plans to appeal, once there is no incentive to dissuade people taking up solar PV (as they will then be on the 21p rate)

This is the same government that this morning was talking about bringing forward income tax cuts. Pure madness.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the government are going to back down. I think they will keep up the intent to appeal all the way. I'm sure their ploy is to create uncertainty to minimise the number taking up solar PV right now to minimise the numbers they have to pay the 43p rate to.Perhaps after the March 3rd deadline, we might hear they have dropped their plans to appeal, once there is no incentive to dissuade people taking up solar PV (as they will then be on the 21p rate)

This is the same government that this morning was talking about bringing forward income tax cuts. Pure madness.
surely income tax reduction will benefit more people than fits would

And find the lost revenue from where? Apart from the fact that the Government gets tax; whereas Fits are paid by the energy companies. Next?

Oh, and we need to hit our renewables targets, before Brussels sticks us with a 7-figure fine for not adhering to our targets. Now THAT would come from your income tax!!!!!!

The actual position is :-

8 weeks until we find out if supreme court will allow DECC to appeal - which takes us past March 3rd.

8 months to 1 year to hear appeal assuming Supreme court allows DECC to appeal

21p FIT rate is still in place until either/both of the above court rulings are made.

2 jobs lost again because of doubt of outcome. I can't tell my customers they will be getting 43p until the above is resolved - if the tactic is to scare general public, it's firkin working. I strongly suspect DECC will lose its appeal, but by the time we find out the FiT rate will be 21p anyway bad day explode .

On the up-side, winter is back, it's frosty on the roof and I didn't want to freeze my knackers off anyway:^O

8 weeks until we find out if supreme court will allow DECC to appeal - which takes us past March 3rd.8 months to 1 year to hear appeal assuming Supreme court allows DECC to appeal

21p FIT rate is still in place until either/both of the above court rulings are made.
So newcomers like me (pre March 3rd) will get 21p? then if they are not allowed to appeal, or fail that appeal, will we then get a backdated increase to 43p?

They certainly are scaring people and messing everybody around.

P.S, panels are on roof, just having a tea break, should complete wiring and be on line today.

A quick heads up.

I've just submitted my application to register my system with Scottish Hydro (part of Scottish & Southern Energy) and they have confirmed to me that the rate I will be receiving is indeed 43p

So it looks like irrespective of any further appeals pending, they are paying the 43p rate now to installs up until March 3rd

So will there be another surge of installations in the remaining 5 weeks?

Not sure. The company I install for seem to be gearing up for after march. Mainly due to the price of kit falling after that date. Trying to get 4kw systems installed for less than 8k maybe even 7k.. And I'm not talking cheap kit ....sma.. Power one.. Etc

Any more news on the DECC appeal to the supreme court?

I haven't found anything to actually say they have lodged an appeal yet.

All I have found was one reference to a date of 22nd February as the deadline for lodging an appeal.

Any more news?

I see for those on the 43.3p rate, it's just been increased to 45.4p