sick cat

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi mate can you advise on this please.

we acquired a stray cat before christmas, I believe it is about 1-2 years old.

she always eats a full pouch morning and evening as well as biscuits once a day. On thursday however she ate very little and then the same on friday. she is usually very active and wants to play but is now lethargic and just sleeps all day and night, she still purrs and licks jelly from the food and I have now started syringing water into her mouth as i dont think she is drinking, her tongue looks very white so I think she is a little dehydrated.

Thanks!

Run your hands all over her body. You may feel a small crusty scab. The 'best' diagnosis would be something like an abscess from fighting. Occasionally stray cats can have weird and wonderful diseases like the leukaemia virus. If gets worse or no better by Monday needs to see a vet. Are your vets open in the morning?

will have a good look, but she is a maine coon so very furry! missed the boat with the vets today and not open till monday now. Thanks mate.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:13 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:10 ----------

Could not find any scabs, but the fur on her belly seems wet, almost like she is sweating?

That is strange. Nothing oozing? I'm thinking burst abscess.

Squeeze her paw and look at her claws - any signs of scuffing? That can be a sign they can have been hit by a car

claws seam fine mate, tried having a looking in her mouth but could not see much.

I keep saying her but it could be a male, although it has nipples, do male cats have nipples? I have nipples but then they say we all start out as females and some progress to males by growing extra bits... you know like a brain etc ;)

will have to see if it has a brain then just to be sure:D

will take it to vets on monday if no better,

should i keep up the water and small bits of food, if so how much?

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as you can realistically get in without ****ing the cat off too much!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was made at 19:08 ----------

pi55 doesn't need to be in the swear filter FFS

nice one mate will keep yoiu posted thanks

the cats getting a bit peed off with the water, its not drank much for the last few days would milk hurt it? It would drink that

i know and i have only had it about 3 months

the cat is getting better, it ate a bit of chicken over the weekend and have been syringing water and cat milk into its mouth. it went to vets today had antibiotics.and is getting another dose on wednesday.

thanks for advice mate