i cannot get my dog to the vets . im so worried

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachel

Reaction score
My 6yr old lab has a lump on his side the size of a bit smaller than golf ball. It does not hurt him n it must have developed very quickly or i would have noticed. Its on the side of his belly where i always tickle n stroke. He seems fine but as im disabled i cannot travel on a bus to pdsa and taxis will not take him. How can i get him to a vet. I cannot afford to call out a privte vet n

dont have pet insurance.. I live in rochester kent the pdsa is apx 4 miles away in gillingham.

Any ideas gratefully received

Two things:

1. Owning a pet is a privilege, not a right

2. The Animal Welfare Act 2006 makes it your responsibility as the owner to see it gets the medical care it needs when it is ill.

I don't say this to be harsh, but it really gets my goat when people say things like this and seem to think it's the vets problem that they can't get it to the surgery.

Andy's link above looks helpful. Many taxi companies will take pets, and if you ring your vet/PDSA (assuming you are eligible) then they are likely to know which taxi companies will transport pets.