a rescue cat

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazm

Reaction score
Just got a cat from a neighbour who didn't want her. They've been feeding her on adult dry food 7+ years but she's only 3. It seems to agree with her, is it harmful to liver or anything or should I continue with it? My other two cats eat it but they are 8 and 14? Thanks. :)

It will be fine!

They can have a lower calorie density as they can be prone to put weight on when old, but won't do any harm!

:D

Hi again. My house is like a war zone. I knew it was a risk taking in another cat but in my heart I hoped for the best. They are three beautiful cats but after eleven days they are still at loggerheads with each other. I saw an advert for a spray you can use for nervous cats. Is that worth a try or is my heart ruling my head? I tried giving them nice food together but the three year old will only eat the dried stuff. I'm so worried :|

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the Feliway spray might be worth a go. Not a lot of money to give it a try. Can get it from your vet but available at other pet places or online.

Feliway! That's the stuff. I used that in and around the cat boxes when we transported the two cats from Edinburgh to Stornoway and it helped calm them right down.I'll get some ordered and let you know the outcome.

Thank you :)

Ok. Feliway spray arrived yesterday. Started with it last night but today was the first full day of using it. I'm not expecting instant results but things have quietened down. Considering by Monday I had a broken cat flap and clothes airer, today has been promising.Tonight all three of them are with me in the lounge. They're not fighting, just an occasional growl, which is a massive improvement. I've ordered the plug-in diffuser as they recommend using the two combined. I'm quietly optimistic now. Thanks :pray :)

That is good. You have to remember that the diffusers can only really cover the room they are in. Depending on where the cats go and the size of your house you may need two or more. I'd save the spray for things like transport.

Glad things seem to be settling a bit!

Good advice. Yes, they all use the stair and landings too so I can order some more. At bedtime they all have a favourite sleeping spot but in rooms they use together it'll be worth it. It's really good to see them together and ignoring each other :D

My vet here in canada also told me that if you give the cats catnip every 3 or 4 days it will help also. I have 10 cats and mostly they get along, but with the cat i had spayed and it didnt work i was giving her cat nip every 3 days and it seemed to help her get along with the only full female i have.

Catnip. Never thought of that Wendy. Are all of your cats rescued? Have any of them reacted badly to a new cat arriving? :)