Belling Range cooker oven burning stuff

revjames

I have a Belling Range style double oven dual fuel stove. 2 electric ovens an electric grill and gas hob. Recently the fan oven has started burning what we put in it. It seems that it takes no notice of the thermostatic control and just keeps heating up.

Any ideas?

You've broke it. Have you got an oven thermometer you could put in to check the actual temperature it is at compared to what the controls say it should be at? As you say probably a faulty thermostat sensor somewhere.

Doc H.

Dont have a thermometer to put in the oven, I am told that the red light didnt go off the whole time and the frozen rhubarb crumble went black in a very short time. Just wondered if anyone was familiar with these ovens and could save me the hassles of taking it all to bits before I need to!

It is getting too hot, simples.

Now, as for the cure. that will be more difficult

Oven stat and capillary [comes as one piece]....try Electrospares, Electroparts, Electruspares. Well I think that is the names of the suppliers but luckily it is a long time since I did white goods repairs..............:coat

Thanks Kerch, will get model number etc and do a search if you reckon its the controller/capilliary. I guess what else could it be?

can't be much more really. There's only 3 parts

A)the box you shove the stuff into

B)the bit that gets hot

C)the bit that controls how hot it gets

A is obviously ok

B is ok

so ipso facto C is gerfecktenshafften...........................................I reckon

My other half must have had the same oven for years :(

Thanks guys. I bought the oven in 2006 this is the first time I have ever had to replace an oven component of any description.

They don't make them like they used too and Belling is made by Hotpoint these days. We have had two elements in four years in our Belling fan oven.

Edited by batty

The oven pilot is wired from the thermostat, so when the oven stat is closed the pilot light is on, if this remains on all the time then the stat will need replacing, unless of course there is no heat.

Rev

look on youtube for instructions how to do it,,,,,,it will give you an idea of whats involved even though it may not be the same oven

Thanks, doesnt seem an obvious way to get at the controls from behind to remove. Will check youtube.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have problems finding spare parts You could try espares on the net .I've used them a few times when nobody else could source the part. If you ask them nicely they even have exploded diagrams which they will email to you.(Sometimes it helps, as some models have similar parts and only the exact one will fit) !!

Best of luck

Speedster.

^ thanks. havent done anything yet. thankfully its a double oven and the other one still works. Seems the controller is about

You could try espares. A little waffle about you're not quite sure which part. Try 'Have you got a diagram to help me'

Get them to email the diagram. It may show you how to dismantle the beast without breaking it (We've all done it ) !

Cheers.

Speedster.

• 5 months later...

well my wife made some bara brith (soda bread - a welsh delicacy) sort of bun loaf, yesterday. looverly smell of baking wafting through the house and I was salivating at the thought of getting a slice of this nice smelling loaf. Then disaster "bara brith is off" declared mrs Rev.... stupid oven is burning stuff again... approx

Belling Cooker & Hob Thermostats

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:19 ----------

I know how to fit it, just not sure I should pay for the part thats lasted less than 6 months!

Sorry :coat